As mentioned previously, expect to see a slew of new writers announced on DC books at the New York Comic Con – DC has announced that Ann Nocenti is taking over writing duties for Green Arrow beginning with issue #7.

“I’m thrilled to be taking over Green Arrow. What I adore about the Arrow is his recklessness. He’ll shoot off on an impulse, dispatch someone if they deserve it; his heroism is instinctive. I start with a crazy trilogy that is chock full of surprises. Arrow gets a new woman (and boy, is it complicated), flings himself out of his old life into a new one, and meets a new world class villain. It’s gonna be a wild ride!”

Bleeding Cool reported on some shakeups going on at the DC offices, and this announcement may be a part of the bigger picture. Paying close attention to changes and announcements from DC over the next three weeks will give us a better idea of what is going right and what is going wrong at DC.

via The Source

IDW to adapt King/Hill adventure tale

TRAILER: The Muppets

1. October 13, 2011 at 3:22 pm — Reply

I’m a bit leery of Arrow getting a “new woman” since I’m an Ollie/Dinah purist, but I’m willing to give this a shot. We all knew Keith Giffen was only ever a stop-gap for the post-Krul era.

• Brett
      October 13, 2011 at 4:13 pm — Reply

Completely agree. Wish it was Dinah, but I’m optimistic about the villan and new new direction.

2. ray
    October 13, 2011 at 5:32 pm — Reply

This is great news. I hate the character but Ann Nocenti knows how to break new ground for characters. Her DD run was stellar.

3. October 14, 2011 at 1:35 am — Reply

I just hope we’ll see an end to his “Sabretooth” sideburns, and see the goatee return… That’s as important to the character as the bow and arrow and green coloring… Just sayin’!! (I would also include Black Canary in that list, but if that’s the one thing we had to get rid of… Well.. I WOULD rather have the goatee even though they are my favorite super-hero couple…)

• October 14, 2011 at 11:28 am — Reply

That’s as important to the character as the bow and arrow and green coloring…

Green Arrow went nearly 30 years without it, and has lost it periodically since the 1970’s (the beard first appeared in Brave & The Bold 85 or thereabouts.) It’s important, sure, but I don’t know that it’s a deal-breaker for me. Mileage, as always, may vary.

• DrNobody
        October 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm — Reply

To each their own, I guess… I realize he didn’t have it in the beginning, and periodically after that, but for a universe that has virtually no males with facial hair, that made for a more interesting look than Sabretooth-lite as he was in issue 1… Luckily it looks as though the sideburns were dialed back some in issue 2, as I’m not sure who was supposed to consider that change “hip.” For me, since the look was changed in the ’70’s, it just seems odd to regress without the facial hair without a reason… I was waiting for Justin Hartley’s GA to finally grow the goatee his entire run on Smallville, and was highly disappointed by their lack of facial hair… I don’t know.. Maybe it’s just me, but that is just a part of GA’s look…. If I can’t get a bearded Aquaman, I should at least be able to get a GA that has a goatee…

4. K. Kortekaas
    October 14, 2011 at 12:53 pm — Reply

Wil JT Krul on the outs, at least I don’t need to worry about a repeat of the Rise of Arsehole.

5. October 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm — Reply

Fan of Nocenti’s work on X-Men, Spider-Man, and DD. Interesting news.