If you are excited about the next season of The Walking Dead, here’s something to get you dancing for joy – the trailer for the second season.

Yes, it is a tweak of the source material, but wouldn’t you rather see the heroes on the run, killing zombies, fighting with one another, than an entire season of the characters hanging around in a prison going about their daily business?

FRIDAY SING-ALONG: The Browncoats Mixtape

Major Spoilers Podcast #347: Sex and Zombies

1. September 30, 2011 at 12:04 pm — Reply

I cannot wait for this season and I have yet (I know, bad geek) to check out the source material. I found out about this show simply because I live in Atlanta. Definitely interesting to get an insight as to what might happen to the city should an outbreak happen.

2. Newcomicfan
    September 30, 2011 at 1:08 pm — Reply

im a huge fan of both the comic and the show. i think its a testament to the characters. i admit that the parts i enjoy the least are the times when the gang stops moving for any large amount of time. so this alteration is welcome.

3. Pidgeonman
    September 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm — Reply

My only complaint about the Walking Dead is the way they’ve dragged out the Shane/Rick/Lori triangle. I don’t have a problem with any of the other changes, but personally I found that storyline really tedious, compared to the near-complete destruction of the human race. If they suddenly and violently resolved it in the first episode of the new season, I’d be thrilled. It would be a good way to shake things up and let people know that anything can happen.

Otherwise, amazing show.

• gilberto nieves
      October 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm — Reply

agreed!

4. lapis2
    September 30, 2011 at 9:49 pm — Reply

I do like that its different from the book. Its nice to watch something like this and not just be waiting for certain scenes to happen. The only problem I have is that if it starts not being good and its not following the book then itll just leave me shaking my head and wondering why they didnt follow the book.

5. September 30, 2011 at 11:38 pm — Reply

Wanted to say something clever the guys above me allready said what i wanted to :)

6. gilberto nieves
    October 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm — Reply

my response to the prison comment is that… that story arc in it self was fantastic, so shut up and wait for it before you say anything.

7. JacinB
    October 4, 2011 at 12:47 am — Reply

This wouldn’t be the portion of the story where they were at the prison yet anyway. After they leave Atlanta in the RV, there’s a stop at a nice, up-scale walled neighborhood that doesn’t turn out well and then a layover at Hershel’s farm which also doesn’t turn out well.

The prison is after that. Judging by the clip, I’d say that’s set up for next season and we get the retreat from Atlanta to the farm to the prison as the story this season.

• October 4, 2011 at 7:02 am — Reply

Given the whole (pretty much unnecessary) CDC sidebar from last season, I’m not entirely sure that following the story as written in the comics is an issue…