Marvel sent teaser images and a few images from the upcoming Fear Itself #7 that arrives October 19, 2011.

FEAR ITSELF #7 (AUG110568)
Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN
THIS IS IT! This year’s blockbuster comics event from Marvel Architects Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen, comes to its cataclysmic finale in Fear Itself #7! Left defenseless and on their own, Earth’s Mightiest must dig deep for one last assault on the Serpent, and the Worthy! Luckily, from the depths of Asgard, Iron Man returns with a last-chance arsenal that will transform the Avengers into the Mighty! Earth’s last hope has arrived – but not everyone will make it out alive. Catch the action packed,  double-sized conclusion of Fear Itself this October – filled with extras that no fan can miss!

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

The Thing returns to Dark Horse Comics

NEW 52 REVIEW: Blue Beetle #1

1. Oldcomicfan
    September 21, 2011 at 2:23 pm — Reply

“…but not everyone will make it out alive…” Which of these character hasn’t Marvel already killed this week?

2. Russ Catt
    September 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm — Reply

The Variant cover does not look good at all.
    Same with Wolverine’s “Mighty” garb.
    I was really impressed with the start of this series but feel some serious doubts about the conclusion.

3. TaZ
    September 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm — Reply

I’d probably get this last issue just to see Captain America in “Punisher” mode. However, since we now know that Valkyre and Sin go at it in a 12 issues series that the only real “reveal” in this is the Serpent/Thor face-off.

4. September 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Come on. How can you not love the idea of 7 of Marvel’s coolest characters with Odin powered weapons? Ridiculous yes, but they wont be permanent. I think its super cool….

5. Arbor Day
    September 21, 2011 at 5:36 pm — Reply

Cleary, after beating the Worthy, the Serpent will beat Thor, so the Mighty have to fight the Serpent and then they’ll have to combine their weapons to make MechaThor.

6. Michael
    September 21, 2011 at 5:56 pm — Reply

I was tempted to say “Thank Jebus that’s over!”, then I remembered the sequel.

Oh well.

• September 22, 2011 at 7:15 am — Reply

ditto. It feels like longer than it’s probably been that i’ve been hearing about this event, from the build up, to the event, to another one that sounds like more of the same for another year or so?? Ugh. What’s sad is that Marvel used to be my favorite, but all these ‘nothing will ever be the same!!’ events are driving me away. :P

7. seneca
    September 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm — Reply

Hey WOlverine, World of Warcraft called and Ragnaros wants his tier 13 gear back!

• Eric (CMonocle)
      September 21, 2011 at 6:43 pm — Reply

That might be the nerdiest comment I’ve ever read. Hilarious!

• September 22, 2011 at 6:36 am — Reply

That actually made me laugh out loud. :)
        It takes a lot to be called a nerd on a comic site. ;)

8. matt
    September 22, 2011 at 8:35 am — Reply

I have a bad feeling that were not going to get anything of a conclusion by the end of issue 7. I feel like there may be a 2 to 3 page fight which will be halted followed by a “to be continued in Fear Itself: THE FEARLESS”. I normally like marvel comics events, even at the proximity we get them year to year. What’s been making me so mad about fear itself is marvel essentially forcing me to read the tie in’s to get the full story. And even that wouldn’t be such a problem but the continuity from the tie in’s to the main title is all over the place. I’m finding it hard placing when things happen in relation to the main story line.

I think it was smart for marvel to release the last issue post the new york comic con because I feel like there is going to be a massive negative reaction to not only fear itself but events in general across all of marvel’s panels. The negative reaction would have been compounded if the series had ended with a non conclusive ending and a meaning major character death.

• matt
      September 22, 2011 at 8:36 am — Reply

*meaningless major character death

9. September 22, 2011 at 10:34 am — Reply

This is a depressing story arc. I am thinking that reboot of the Marvel Universe is on the way.

• Obsidian
      September 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm — Reply

They’ve done that too many times in recent history for it to work. I don’t think that the typical Marvel reboot will have the effect that it needs to have.

In the end, I think more readers will be calling for a DC New 52-esque reboot which Marvel now can’t do because it’ll just make them look bad.

There have been a lot of really great ideas out of the Marvel camp but too many of them have suffered from poor follow-through or poor-execution.

I fear that the days of the Make Mine Marvel mentality are coming to an end…

• September 22, 2011 at 3:16 pm — Reply

Not only that, it won’t make near as much sense in Marvel’s “We’re more realistic!” status, either.