Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

INTERVIEW: Blue Estate's Viktor Kalvachev

SNEAK PEEK: Strange Kid Comix Anthology

1. September 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Huh. I thought Psylocke would be back on Uncanny X-Force. It will interesting to see who is taking her place on the team now.

2. Navarre
    September 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm — Reply

Illyana is finally in the main X-Men title.

Even Colossus is there. If Marvel is smart they will put Kitty on the team and I will finally get the team roster I’ve wanted for years.

• Michael
      September 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm — Reply

Aren’t Kitty & Lockheed already revealed to be on a Wolverine team?

• Navarre
        September 7, 2011 at 8:10 pm — Reply

Yeah, I guess so. Looks like Kitty’s in the “Wolverine and the X-Men” title instead of Uncanny.

Darn. So close.

If the writers could stop thinking Kitty had to be paired with Logan to be interesting, it would work. There would be a lot better story potential with her on a team with her lover, her best friend, and her foil (Emma).

• September 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm — Reply

She’s going to be defined by the people around her regardless…

3. September 6, 2011 at 12:26 pm — Reply

WTF? What the heck is Psylocke doing there? And if that’s her, then who’s the katana wielder in X-Force?

4. ~wyntermute~
    September 6, 2011 at 3:02 pm — Reply

I’m gonna be staying FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from “Magik”, so I’ll not be reading that book…. Which is a shame, because I’m rather interested in “Danger”, and she seems to be on the ‘main’ team along with the Rasputins. It’s a pity that I hate Colossus’ sister so much that it’s going to … Actually, I’m okay with hating her. Some sacrifices must be made. ^_^

5. Navarre
    September 6, 2011 at 4:05 pm — Reply

Why do you dislike Magik?

• ~wyntermute~
      September 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm — Reply

Because all I’ve read with her in it has her as this kinda-snotty europrincess, or she’s the Wonderful Damsel Who Everybody Has To Save. (Peter’s love for his sister sometimes borders on creepy to me.) I’ve not read -every- single Illyana Rasputin story EVER, but the ones I have read gave me a serious dislike for the character. Her whole ‘thing’ with Limbo & Belasco & Soulstones/swords/daggers blah blah fishcakes boring. So since then, I just avoid her — figuring that I will derive no enjoyment from her presence. :)

6. TaZ
    September 6, 2011 at 4:23 pm — Reply

Ditch the Colossus/Juggernaut and put Peter Rasputin back to his organic stainless steel self.

7. September 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm — Reply

Who is that with the metal dreadlocks in Uncanny?

• Navarre
      September 6, 2011 at 5:31 pm — Reply

That is Danger. She is a sentient byproduct of the mansion’s danger room.

• September 6, 2011 at 7:52 pm — Reply

Uh…huh…and how is it that this sentient byproduct is a “she”? Shouldn’t she be an “it”?

I am sensing a bit of a theme. Each team seems to have a brick, a techno person and a magic/psionics specialist.

Oh…and progeny of Scott Summers. That seems to be a bit of a theme too.

• ~wyntermute~
          September 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm — Reply

Apparently the Shi-ar (or whichever alien race) techointelligence that was used to construct that version of the Danger Room wanted to live life from the distaff perspective. More seriously, I dunno -why- they decided it was a she, but “she’s” been female since she achieved sentience. Purely for those who wanted to see Robo-boobies maybe?

8. Navarre
    September 6, 2011 at 5:54 pm — Reply

And would someone give Magik her own uniform? She shouldn’t be wearing the student uniform at this stage of things.

• September 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm — Reply

It seems like she grows this outfit whenever they turn her back into a kid.

• Navarre
        September 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm — Reply

But she’s a young adult now and a member of the main team. She deserves her own uniform.

• Michael
          September 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm — Reply

Maybe everyone gets new uniforms that they aren’t showing in these previews?

• Russ Catt
            September 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm — Reply

Now that she’s a young adult, I would be ok with her in her old Darkchilde costume (or lack of costume)