WONDERCON'12: Convention moves south to Anaheim

FRIDAY SING-ALONG: Song for Ulvaak

1. September 2, 2011 at 9:45 am — Reply

Huh… looks like Maddrox is gone from X-Factor. Bummer.

• September 2, 2011 at 9:52 am — Reply

Isn’t that Jamie Maddrox to the very very far right in the brown coat?

• Mike
        September 2, 2011 at 9:54 am — Reply

I think that’s Rictor.

• Vamuli
        September 2, 2011 at 10:19 am — Reply

I think thats Rictor

2. Rob
    September 2, 2011 at 10:06 am — Reply

Nope that’s the newly re powered Rictor.

3. September 2, 2011 at 10:45 am — Reply

Oh yeah that’s right… Rictor was re-powered by the Scarlett Witch… I forgot… lol

4. TaZ
    September 2, 2011 at 11:29 am — Reply

Again, I have to ask…why would Nightcrawler be in X-Force and isn’t he “dead”??

• Petro
      September 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm — Reply

The edgier, ruthless Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler sure isn’t dead.

• TaZ
        September 2, 2011 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Thanks. I was not able to follow the “Archangel” arc in X-Force so I was not aware that the writers had TOTALLY SCREWED UP (ahem…) by bringing the “Wolverine” version of one of my favorite team characters of all time into the “mainstream” Marvel “reality” if that’s the case. Kurt Wagner was one of the few characters other than Steve Rogers and Peter Parker that had anything like a defined “moral compass” while still having the heart of a swashbuckling hero. Add to that the character being one of the few that examined the side of a Marvel hero that had a Christian spiritual life as opposed to Christians being portrayed in many cases as hypocritical, homicidal, xyenophobic head-cases (see the just ended Green Arrow story arc).

Again, too many books, too many characters and that cover art is absolutely bleah.

5. Gary
    September 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm — Reply

Still can’t get over how terrible Wolverine looks…

• Michael
      September 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm — Reply

The stylings of the artist aren’t very good, IMHO. Wolverine looks like he needs to go on a SERIOUS diet!

6. ~wyntermute~
    September 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm — Reply

… No Madrox & this ‘repowering’ of Rictor…. At least there’s still Layla & Strong Guy. I’m hopin P.D.’s got a perfectly good plan for all of this!! ~_~

7. gilberto nieves
    September 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm — Reply

yeah but don’t forget that looks like wolfsbane in the back. and is that toad on wolverine’s team?

8. LemmyCaution
    September 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm — Reply

I think X-Factor needed a shake-up anyway (since, oh, about the Las Vegas storyline). And I have faith in Mr. David, and in the potential conflicts of Alex and Layla.

I still have problems with X-Men Legacy. It just seems like, since it switched to that name, it’s been ponderous and generally unclear in focus for me.

So I have interest in X-Men (thanks to Kitty + Bobby) and X-Factor. I’ll perhaps pass on Legacy, depending on the first arc (as in, if it has a point). As for X-Force, so far they are exposing two characters for whom I care nothing, and the two hidden ones (that I do like) are pretty obvious, so it depends once more on what the purpose of the book is.

It’s a longshot, but I could see myself reading all four books.

9. September 2, 2011 at 6:43 pm — Reply

Might that not be Madrox in X-Force? Another guy in a trenchcoat there with what looks like Madrox’s old goofy headgear.

As seen here in Giant Size FF 4:

• gilberto nieves
      September 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm — Reply

no, that’s probably fantomex.