For those of you out there who feel there’s not enough David Bowie-themed children’s literature you can pick up “Space Oddity” an illustrated book based on the lyrics of the song of the same name.

Take the jump for some images from the book.

Although the illustrator calls it a children’s book I’d argue that the grim and ambiguous ending might make it a little confusing for your little tikes.

Visit Andrew Kolb’s Site for more on the book.

Via Joel Moroney

Nobody really knows what Rodrigo's deal is. He is a perpetual enigma, an unknown quantity, the X factor. He's the new kid in school, the unlisted number, the person all your friends talk about, but you've never met. How can one person be so mysterious, you ask? THAT IS ALSO TOTALLY A MYSTERY! You can try to keep tabs on him on twitter by following @fearsomecritter, but that probably won't help.

POSTER: Real Steel

CONTEST: Joonas knows how to enter a contest

1. LemmyCaution
    August 30, 2011 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Um, as much as I love Davey, I don’t think that there is any time soon when I will be reading a bedtime story to a child that ends with the hero drifting off to his death in the cold vacuum of space!

Maybe if someone did a children’s book on “Major Tom (Coming Home)”, but this? What’s next, a pop-up book based on “Cracked Actor”?

• Galactoss
      August 31, 2011 at 8:34 am — Reply

Ha! Love the pop-up book idea. Or perhaps something rather more ’90s, like his Outside concept album.

“You and your little ones will love joining in with these fourteen specially re-recorded Sing-Along Songs about the Ritual Art-Murder of Baby Grace Blue! Only you can solve the clues of the non-linear Gothic Drama Hyper-Cycle and catch that mean old Minotaur!

Available now as download, CD or horrid cassette.”

2. wdchefdave
    August 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm — Reply

I was a teenaged DJ when that song came out, and it left a hole in my soul to this day!
    Not a child’s song… unless they are Alice, Ozzy, or Zappa!

3. El Charro Ninja
    August 30, 2011 at 6:26 pm — Reply

So beautiful I’m crying.

4. Leroy Grey
    August 31, 2011 at 7:49 am — Reply

It needs one more image at the end, and it would be perfect… I would definitely buy it.

5. Galactoss
    August 31, 2011 at 8:42 am — Reply

This is really gorgeous. I’m pretty sure that my modern love of Bowie stems from Mum always turning this song up whenever it came on the radio when I was a nipper. Still love it now.