DreamWorks Pictures sent over a featurette showcasing Hugh Jackman’s Real Steel movie scheduled to be in theaters October 07, 2011.

A gritty, white-knuckle, action ride set in the near-future where the sport of boxing has gone high-tech, “Real Steel” stars Hugh Jackman as Charlie Kenton, a washed-up fighter who lost his chance at a title when 2000-pound, 8-foot-tall steel robots took over the ring. Now nothing but a small-time promoter, Charlie earns just enough money piecing together low-end bots from scrap metal to get from one underground boxing venue to the next. When Charlie hits rock bottom, he reluctantly teams up with his estranged son Max (Dakota Goyo) to build and train a championship contender. As the stakes in the brutal, no-holds-barred arena are raised, Charlie and Max, against all odds, get one last shot at a comeback.

[quicktime]http://wdmp-wdsmp.rd.llnw.net/wdsmp/RealSteel/NCM/RealSteel_NCM_MainEvent_High.mov[/quicktime]

via DreamWorks

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

BOOM! Studios announces Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes

DC RELAUNCH: New number ones may be best sellers for 2011

1. SomeDude
    August 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm — Reply

This looks awesome and I wouldn’t call it gritty doing so would be insulting it or any movie

2. Alisha Mynx
    August 23, 2011 at 2:38 pm — Reply

Robots, interesting story, robots, sci-fi elements and did I mention robots? I’m definitely looking forward to this movie. (In case you can’t tell, I like robots)

3. Mike
    August 23, 2011 at 6:04 pm — Reply

It’s the movie adaption of Rock’em Sock’em Robots, but it’s……actually pretty good looking. Worth a watch, at least. :)

Now if I can only figure out why they’re putting aliens in the Battleship movie adaption…

• August 23, 2011 at 6:24 pm — Reply

More likely, its a version of the Twilight Zone episode “Steel” about robot boxers. A true classic with Lee Marvin. Basically, robot boxers replace human ones. Lee Marvin’s robot stops working, and he needs money, so he gets inside the robot and fights another robot. And of course, he gets the crap kicked out of him.

• Mike
        August 23, 2011 at 6:36 pm — Reply

Oh yeah! I remember that episode! Good call!

• applejack1310
        August 23, 2011 at 9:07 pm — Reply

Such a great episode. Not that they ALL weren’t great, though. I got my wife to watch an episode a few years ago, and she got HOOKED. Now she stops down for the ENTIRE marathon when they do it yearly on SyFy.

4. wdchefdave
    August 24, 2011 at 7:26 am — Reply

I’m old enough to remember the original broadcast of that Twilight Zone episode. I felt “cheated”, as a kid, because the “robots” looked like humans. Now, I’ll get to see robots that LOOK like robots fighting. Ya live long enough… and some dreams come to life!
    (I also dreamed about a cowboy fighting a flying saucer… I think that movie has been made!)
    We’re all big kids at heart!
    I look forward to seeing this movie!!
    (I stumbled onto an extended trailer for this movie… somewhere on the internet… a few weeks back.)