Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: What kind of monster will the party encounter? The answer might surprise you.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_110.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #335: Comics Theory with Dr. Peter Coogan

REVIEW: Batman #713

1. Ricco
    August 20, 2011 at 11:41 am — Reply

Episode doesn’t seem to be there.

2. Paderic
    August 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm — Reply

Another great podcast! I was a little disappointed that you didn’t mention “Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space” in your Q&A. It’s a great rules-lite RPG with a strong sci-fi feel.

3. August 21, 2011 at 4:48 am — Reply

Every freakin’ skill challenge, Orem comes up with some other subject he covered in school. Eladrin Magic University has a very comprehensive curriculum.

• August 21, 2011 at 9:40 am — Reply

Yup. The academy may specialize in magic but the school believes every student should be strong in the liberal arts.

4. BavarianGnomes
    August 21, 2011 at 10:00 am — Reply

I’m really enjoying the adventures of Orem’s Cavity Creeps, “we make holes in teeth”.

Little House on the Prairie’s Carroll Ingalls is … Kunoichi ( クノイチ Female Ninja-Warrior )

I love Glaa’s new Racial ability:
    Wacky Wall Walking, At-Will move action can shift up to Move squares, vertically down a wall.

5. The Great NateO
    August 21, 2011 at 5:15 pm — Reply

I am loving “Blood Thirsty” Orem, give them Hell Eladrin. Brian is rolling like a crazy monkey, AWESOME.

And Yes Matthew you are the funny one!

I cannot wait till next installment.

6. August 22, 2011 at 11:56 am — Reply

I heard the thememusic from kill bill when Matthew was singing sir brenzen’s themesong. Made it even more awesome

7. Ricco
    August 22, 2011 at 10:09 pm — Reply

Cool episode, bloodthirsty Orem is bas-ass, Brian rolled not only good but very good, too good even. I fear a TPK next episode or something.

8. Matt!
    August 23, 2011 at 2:09 am — Reply

Rodrigo, how are you figuring he new DCs for skill challenges? I’m using a similar skill challenge format in my game and am interesed in how yours is developing.

• August 24, 2011 at 6:04 pm — Reply

Right now I’m using the DCs they have in the D&D insider, they’ve ramped them back down since the rules compendium book came out.

9. Blas Pulgar
    August 24, 2011 at 6:02 pm — Reply

Rodrigo do you ever draw your maps ahead of time?

• August 24, 2011 at 10:47 pm — Reply

depends what you mean by ‘ahead of time’.

Do I draw a map before the characters find themselves in a particular area? not always. Sometimes I’m just like “ok the thing you are looking for is northish” and eventually enough details surface that I feel like I need a map.

if by ‘ahead of time’ you mean before the session in which I give them a map? then yes, I don’t draw it on the spot, and I do often have multiple drafts until it looks the way I want.

• Blas
        August 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm — Reply

Lately I’ve been drawing my encounter maps ahead of time and while the mat looks great it’s not always used. So I’ve been either throwing them into dungeons or areas that are generically similar to what I have already drawn. But my dilemma is when I’m forced to draw on the spot, because the rest of the drawing look so well thought out and planned and it takes away from the game when the players see plain lines and crude drawings.

• August 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Ohhhhhhh, encounter maps, I gotcha. I thought you meant the maps for the location the characters are in like “the astral sea”

No, in that case invert my answer, I do it all on the fly and no one seems to complain when I say “that thing there’s a tree.”