Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TEASER: We will all mourn the devastating outcome

Major Spoilers Podcast #335: Comics Theory with Dr. Peter Coogan

1. Praion
    August 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm — Reply

Why does it have to be Nick “I ruin all the movies i’ve been in lately” Cage ?

• SpiderLover
      August 19, 2011 at 2:25 pm — Reply

Because he was in the first one?

2. August 19, 2011 at 2:55 pm — Reply

Call him “Johnny” all you want, this is angsty 90’s Danny Ketch. Not that there’s anything WRONG with that, but y’know… Truth in advertising.

3. Eric (CMonocle)
    August 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm — Reply

At first, I liked the new look… Then he fired bullets out of his mouth and had flamethrower pee. Sigh…

• August 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm — Reply

Is Michael Bay directing?

• SpiderLover
      August 19, 2011 at 6:18 pm — Reply

The Bullets I could deal with, I thought that was kind of neat in the context of him being shot. The pee though…Facepalm

• August 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm — Reply

I’m with you fellas. Once he started peeing fire I was done.

• Leroy Grey
        August 21, 2011 at 9:20 am — Reply

Oooh! Do you think that’ll be in 3-D ?!?

• Ricco
      August 19, 2011 at 7:10 pm — Reply

… Rider was always about pain, suffering and death. The Best stories the ones where even when he wins he looses, why the Hell did they add comedy to this!? *fatal face-palm*

• silvergray
        August 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm — Reply

“…Rider was always about pain…”

There is nothing more painful than when it burns when you pee.

• August 19, 2011 at 9:35 pm — Reply

It’s funny. I was watching. I saw Idris Elba–who is an amazing actor. I saw a story that seemed dramatic. I was saying to myself, “Oh, wow. This is impressive. They’re really taking it seriously this time.”

Then he peed fire.

And what’s the deal with there being 2 directors? That’s a touch unusual–particularly in a major studio release. Isn’t that against Director’s Guild rules? They made such a big deal about it when Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez co-directed Sin City.

• August 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm — Reply

I don’t think the problem was two directors (for example I think the Cohen brothers co-direct) The problem was that Frank Miller was not in the guild.

• SenorEjaz
          August 20, 2011 at 9:56 am — Reply

I was out… until I saw the fire-pee and vombullets. This film looks hysterical! I have no interest in Ghost Rider and I never have but this looks like comedy gold!

4. ray
    August 20, 2011 at 10:52 am — Reply

I like the B-movie feel.

5. August 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm — Reply

Mmmmm…mmmmm…another delicious film from Cage. His name much like Bruce Willis these days means top quality entertainment. And those two directors look like ass clowns. I hope the Daredevil reboot isn’t as asstastic as this little nugget from Sony.

6. DMC
    August 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm — Reply

You know guy’s there is the possibility that the pee scene was just added in for the trailer and it won’t be in the actual film.

• August 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm — Reply

Given the fact that he was doing it over a black background, that’s a distinct possibility. However, it plays into fears that I think many of us had: that this new film will fail in all the ways the first one did.

There are several characters who’s backgrounds are ripe for comedy. Ghost Rider has never been one of them–until he came to the screen.

7. Ash
    August 21, 2011 at 3:40 am — Reply

i thought the last film sucked. Taylor and Neveldine are prety cool. Gamer was ho-hum IMO but the Crank films rock! I expect, at my least optimistic, a really fun rollercoaster through the ghostriderverse. And i know the rider is all about pain and all consuming vengeance, but after mssing out on DOnald Blake doing the whole stick-thing, i know nothing’s sacred. That napalm pee cracked me up pretty good. Reserving judgements till it pops up on Piratebay in the very least.

8. Leroy Grey
    August 21, 2011 at 9:18 am — Reply

“Ghost Rider’s back – and he’s pissed!” Looks more like “Crank” than “Jonah Hex”, which isn’t a bad thing. Still a DVD flick for me…