Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

TRAILER: Red Tails trailer arrives

Hellboy down, but not out - will take on Aztec Mummy

1. K. Kortekaas
    August 19, 2011 at 8:19 am — Reply

Deadpool, Pyslock & Madrox?

2. August 19, 2011 at 8:23 am — Reply

When did Nightcrawler return from the dead? Are they ‘porting over the AoA version into the main universe continuity from the recent X-Force storyline?

3. August 19, 2011 at 8:23 am — Reply

So were replacing 616 Nightcrawler with the AoA one? Does this count as a resurrection? ;p

And who could the others be? Certainly not Psylocke, Deadpool and Phantomex. The silhouette look nothing like them. ;p

4. Matt S.
    August 19, 2011 at 10:07 am — Reply

I haven’t read any X-books in nearly 25 years (and I only read a couple of years of Uncanny, New Mutants, and the 1st year or so of X-Factor at that). Could someone explain to me how the heck all of these 900 million X-Books fit together? I’ve just started getting back into Marvel (after having gotten back into DC about 3 years ago and I’ve always been primarily a DC guy) with Alpha Flight and Avengers Academy and I’ve wanted to get back into X-Men, but I can’t make heads or tails out of any of it.

• ~wyntermute~
      August 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm — Reply

As far as I can x-tell, there’s no way TO make heads or tails of it except by reading it all. That’s not a slight, either… The x-continuity is one of the most convoluted & impenetrable ones in all of comicdom, as far as I’m concerned. For example, the case of Jean Phoenix Madelyn Prior. Or Nathan “Dayspring” Cable Stryfe Summers. Erik (born Max Eisenhardt) Evil-Magneto Xorn Good-Magneto, a.k.a Magnus and Erik Lehnsherr or Lensherr. Etc. It’s sorta like how when people follow one particular soap opera for 25 years, they’re incapable of explaining “what it’s about” in less than 15 minutes. Each character’s got so many twists and turns, all (well, most) of which have been allowed to remain in continuity, that it’s hard to just say “These are the Good Guys. These are the Bad Guys. Welcome to our book.” (All this is my opinion, naturally. I dunno if ‘facts’ even exist for discussions like this. ^_^)

5. August 19, 2011 at 10:32 am — Reply

Looks a lot like Fantomex, Psylock, and Deadpool to me.

6. Lawson
    August 19, 2011 at 10:58 am — Reply

MaximusRift…I cant agree more. I havent read any X books ( besides the first 4-5 issues of X-Men last year ) in maybe six or seven years. But it’s so obvious that this is Psylocke, Deadpool and Phantomex.

But like others said, what’s the deal with Nightcrawler? Is he back? Is this maybe AoA version?
    Marvel-Im tired of these teasers.

7. August 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm — Reply

This is looking more and more like internecine gang warfare to me. It didn’t work for Vince McMahon in the 90’s, I hope it’s more successful here.

• ~wyntermute~
      August 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm — Reply

LOS BORICUAS 4 LYFE, Ese! (heh. nice reference, btw.)

• August 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm — Reply

LOS BORICUAS 4 LYFE, Ese! (heh. nice reference, btw.)

The hottest girl I know has that tattooed on the back of her neck…

• ~wyntermute~
          August 20, 2011 at 10:45 pm — Reply

You have interestingly sexy friends, it seems?

• August 21, 2011 at 6:48 pm — Reply

You have interestingly sexy friends, it seems?

You have NO idea. :D

8. August 19, 2011 at 2:06 pm — Reply

There was mention some AoA people would be coming over. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume this is our first official character movement ;) (Be interested for Phoenix / Sabertooth / etc to come back. Easy way to bump up mutant population numbers. LOVING this story arc so far. I doubt we’ll see any duplicates since we already have a Dark Beast running around but it could make things really interesting to have a few!)

9. Trick502
    August 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm — Reply

It would make sense to have the AoA Nightcrawler be on the X-force team considering the 616 Version wouldn’t be as likely to use deadly force. But on a personal note he was my favorite character growing up so I’m glad to see him back in action.

10. August 20, 2011 at 9:35 am — Reply

So I keep being told that this book is NOT 90’s-era badness, regardless of the fact that it’s X-Force, that all of the artwork I’ve seen shows people with veins popping through their costumes, and now despite the fact they’ve invoked AoA.

Please explain to me what’s different, aside from people actually being drawn with feet?

• August 21, 2011 at 6:50 pm — Reply

The books cost $3.99 instead of a buck and a quarter.