REVIEW: Hellboy: The Fury #3

REVIEW: Fear Itself #5 (of 7)

1. August 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm — Reply

…..huh…..well then….

2. August 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm — Reply

I guess I can’t come to a site called Major Spoilers and get upset about the lack of a “Spoiler Alert.”

3. August 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm — Reply

Who? lol!

• ~wyntermute~
      August 12, 2011 at 5:41 pm — Reply

Exactly what I was thinking, but I’m not exactly in-touch with Marvel’s Spaceverse Heroes. Maybe he’s a herald of Galactus?

4. TaZ
    August 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Who in the name of Midgard is Tanarus????

5. Eric (CMonocle)
    August 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm — Reply

I don’t think Thor is going to die. Maybe a falling out with Odin leads to him losing his position as the God of Thunder?

6. August 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm — Reply

When was Thor dead before?

• Schafe
      August 11, 2011 at 8:28 pm — Reply

Ragnarok

7. SomeDude
    August 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm — Reply

Booo!

8. August 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm — Reply

His hammer looks like a crutch..

9. eric
    August 11, 2011 at 10:50 pm — Reply

So now Thor can get with Natalie Portman right?

10. August 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm — Reply

It’s not like Thor hasn’t died or lost the spot (officially or unofficially) as the God of Thunder before… I’m a little annoyed if they kill him off. I know Marvel is all about killing people off right now but they should be killing off the lowbie characters that no one cares about instead of one that we know will be returning.

Maybe Marvel will stick to their guns. I’d like to see them follow suit on the Ultimate universe and have people who die… die.

• August 12, 2011 at 6:55 am — Reply

“but they should be killing off the lowbie characters that no one cares about instead of one that we know will be returning”

True, true.

• ~wyntermute~
        August 12, 2011 at 6:10 pm — Reply

“Killing off lowbies” smacks of “stunt-death” that nobody would care about (not that these big-name deaths are really good at making people care either), or -at worst- be accused of “women in fridge” syndrome. Comic books should be semi-realistic, and in semi-reality Big Name People die. They often come back too, but that’s the problem with semi-realism. :D In our world, Michael Jackson won’t be coming back. In the Marvel U, he’d be a member of the Avengers right now, code-named “Moonwalker”, and working on his comeback album.

• Damascus
        October 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm — Reply

I completely understand that point, when a big teir character dies you know they’ll be back and it probably won’t even be a great story. BUT, for my tastes, I’d rather instead of kill off some underused character, I really like when they take a low-class character and build them up and turn them into a more interesting character. I thought that Annihilation did a great job of that, giving me a bunch of characters I didn’t know about and making them very interesting. Plus I think it’s harder (but with better payoff) to build up a nobody character than to simply kill off one for “dramatic” effect.

11. samir
    August 12, 2011 at 12:15 am — Reply

stupid

12. August 12, 2011 at 6:14 am — Reply

That’s a weird lookin’ shovel. Then again, I have a garden hoe that makes it rain, so whatevs.

13. August 12, 2011 at 9:39 am — Reply

Can the Beta Ray Bill lightning strike twice? Methinks not, but twill twait tand tsee.

• Ced
      August 12, 2011 at 10:14 am — Reply

Oh bring Bill instead.

14. Zombi
    August 12, 2011 at 10:24 am — Reply

Is he wearing the Destroyer armor minus the helmet?

15. Ricco
    August 12, 2011 at 10:59 am — Reply

Yes, so this is how Loki gets around that pesky prophecy that had Thor (it actually says God of thunder) dying after taking 9 steps and defeating the Serpent. The only part I read of Fear Itself is Journey into Mystery, Loki is my favored deity in the Marvel universe and the new Loki playing on words and transferring the mantle of the God of thunder to someone else after Thor beats the serpent to save him fits nicely.

16. eclecticcomics
    August 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm — Reply

What ever happened to the days when there was 1 Hulk, 1 Thor, 1 Spider-Man etc. All these different versions are are a waste of the peoples money and time. Seems like comics have become gimmicks to make more money!

• ~wyntermute~
      August 12, 2011 at 5:55 pm — Reply

And those kids need to get offa my lawn too!!!!! (Sorry, but you do kinda come off as a cranky-old-man here…) On a more serious note, when have comics ever been intended NOT to make money? The only reason they stayed cheap (10/25/75 cents) for so long is that the companies didn’t realize that we’d pay 2.50 for pulpies, providing they are produced on shiny paper with variant covers. The Publishing Industry has -never- been working for charity, the collective betterment of mankind, or any other lofty notions. It’s about “making money while entertaining people, or at least we hope they’re entertained.”

17. ~wyntermute~
    August 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm — Reply

Wikipedia tells me that “Tanarus: another name for the Celtic god of thunder Taranis”. So…. Looks like we’re getting a “new character”? MILES MORALES FEVER~!!!!!!!!

• eclecticcomics
      August 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm — Reply

A Celt God of Thunder, an ethnic Spider-Man, whats next? A feline Krypto the super-cat.

• ~wyntermute~
        August 14, 2011 at 8:18 pm — Reply

Actually, Supergirl used to have a kitty Pre-Crisis. I believe “Streaky” was its name? I’m too lazy to check wiki right now, though. You’re almost inviting them to bring it back! ^_^

• August 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm — Reply

Correct! Circle gets the square.