It’s The Revengers vs. the New Avengers in the New Avengers Annual #1! Marvel sent Major Spoilers a sneak peek, that you can check out, after the jump.

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 (JUL110630)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art & Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
The moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here—Simon Williams finally assembles with his own unstoppable team , the Revengers! Two powerhouse teams go head to head in a battle no fan will forget, but when the dust settles who will emerge victorious? The Earth’s Mightiest…or the Earth’s Deadliest?

New Avengers Annual #1 arrives September 07, 2011.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SIGNING: Archie creators in New Jersey

MOVIE: Frankenstein getting another movie treatment

1. Oldcomicfan
    August 10, 2011 at 8:16 am — Reply

That art is really fantastic! Is that sort of art to be found in all Marvel books these days? I live in a town with no comic book shop so I am really out of touch. I do wonder about a few things, though. Marvel has been calling them the “New Avengers” for, what, thirty or forty years now. Shouldn’t they be called the “Getting Rather Long in the Tooth Avengers” by now? And who is the girl with the tail of a squirrel? I wasn’t aware Marvel had gotten into Furries. EXCELLSIOR!

• Navarre
      August 10, 2011 at 8:54 pm — Reply

The girl with the squirrel tail would be (better sit down): Squirrel-Girl.

She is awesome. :-)

• Damascus
        September 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm — Reply

I love Squirrel Girl! She’s part of the Great Lakes Avengers. Awesome! She’s single-handedly taken down Doctor Doom, Deadpool, MODOK, Terrax, Thanos, Mandarin, Giganto, Bi-Beast, Fin Fang Foom, Baron Mordo, Korvac, Ego the Living Planet and Wolverine.

2. TaZ
    August 10, 2011 at 10:01 am — Reply

Another reason why I follow the “New Avengers” as one of my Marvel titles. I’m just not understanding Goliath being there. I thought Foster was dead. Is this someone else or did I miss something in the Avengers Academy with him and Pym?

Atlas AND Goliath on the same team? With Wonder Man and that crew? My only question is, when do they get their own book????

3. Eric (CMonocle)
    August 10, 2011 at 10:07 am — Reply

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I would not suggest cock-blocking a sex deprived Luke Cage.

• Obsidian
      August 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm — Reply

Agreed.

4. Navarre
    August 10, 2011 at 8:53 pm — Reply

That is good stuff right there!

I too thought Bill Foster was dead. It may not be him though, I dunno.

Yes, fun preview.

5. August 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm — Reply

A few of the heavy hitters on this team look interesting the rest are, wow, such horribly never used characters. I’ll pick it up but this had better have a damn good story line past what is presented here…

6. David
    August 10, 2011 at 10:58 pm — Reply

Shocked! The first preview in months that makes me want to read more.

7. Red Star
    August 15, 2011 at 7:30 pm — Reply

If I’m not mistaken, the last guy to take the Goliath name is Bill Foster’s nephew during the clean-up events post World War Hulk.