Over the weekend, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson tweeted pics of himself prepping for his G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Boogaloo role as Roadblock.

Weapons and stunt work for GI Joe today. Two things – Im kickin’ f’n ass and Im gettin a bigger gun. Found my gun today! M249 SAW. Guess who/what I envision in my crosshairs?

G.I. Joe: Retaliation arrives June 29, 2012.

via Twitter

VIDEO: Stormtrooper helmet from start to finish

Top Five #001: Top Five Martial Arts Films

1. Navarre
    August 8, 2011 at 9:42 am — Reply

The Rock really needs to beef up. He looks downright puny.

I’ll be surprised if he can lift a tank. …. Actually, no. No I won’t.

• TaZ
      August 8, 2011 at 11:34 am — Reply

I look like that with my tactical gear on….Oh, hell, even I can’t lie that good… Actually I look like a bowling ball with legs but it works.

2. TaZ
    August 8, 2011 at 11:32 am — Reply

My guess would be he’s got his sights on either John Cena or the payday he’s going to get from being in the upcoming WWE video game and the lead-up to Wrestlemania next year. Johnson’s going to be getting some “Hogan” money in addition to the movie work between now and spring.

3. ikdks
    August 8, 2011 at 11:41 am — Reply

I really enjoyed the first movie. Then I went home and read the reviews online, and they all said how unrealistic it was.

GI Joe, unrealistic!?! Heaven forefend!!!!

Anybody that spent their money to see GI Joe and then were shocked that it wasn’t Saving Private Ryan should have all their money taken away from them, because clearly they don’t make rational decisions and their undermining the free market system.

Although when the icebergs exploded and sank to the bottom of the ocean, that was a bit much even for me.

• Bill the Seeker
      August 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm — Reply

In movies EVERYTHING explodes whenever it makes the plot more exciting. Unless the main character is inside.. then it happens just after the Main character is far enough away to ‘ride’ the explosion.

• Damascus
        September 8, 2011 at 4:17 am — Reply

But remember, real men don’t look at explosions.