DC went full out and announced a slew of number one issues all at once.  Marvel is taking a different approach – quietly announcing new series and new number ones here an there, perhaps hoping no one will notice this is at least the fifth new book announced in the last month.

Uncanny X-Men #1 arrives in November 2011.

via Marvel

Top Five #001: Top Five Martial Arts Films

MARKET SHARE: Top 300 Comics for July 2011

1. eric
    August 8, 2011 at 10:08 am — Reply

But why? They ended Uncanny and now starting with a new number one. See I am over it. I am over the number one issues. Comics are not what they used to be. I am glad that I have stopped with the monthly issues. Never again until something brings me back. I will do trades of old stuff that is the good stuff. Marvel is stupid.

• Lando
      August 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm — Reply

So why are you reading comics? For the number on the cover or for the story inside?

2. August 8, 2011 at 11:14 am — Reply

Is the Incredible Hulk one of the relaunches? I saw the trailer for it and it actually grabbed my interest. But why does the title need to be renumbered and “relaunched”? Can’t they just keep the number sequence and announce the great new story? Rhetorical question, since the answer is obvious — cheap marketing ploy to get some publicity and try to spark some additional sales. But it’s the story and artwork that matter!

3. August 8, 2011 at 11:15 am — Reply

Works for me, I’ve been wanting to start reading X-Men again. :)

4. johnny
    August 8, 2011 at 11:28 am — Reply

Magneto, Juggernaut, Daken, maybe Magik? Looks kind of like dark x-men.

5. TaZ
    August 8, 2011 at 11:30 am — Reply

I HATE these “guess who’s the cut-out” promos. And could they design a costume for Frost that gets any closer to just displaying her “naughty-bits”?

• Scott
      August 8, 2011 at 11:40 am — Reply

Didn’t she used to wear a g-string and thigh high boots? This outfit is modest by comparison.

• darklighter
        August 9, 2011 at 9:35 am — Reply

yeah I miss her old outfit. She looks like a Quaker in this shot.

6. seneca
    August 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm — Reply

Marvel seems to think that putting a #1 on the cover will get kids to forget there is 50 years of continuos history and will make people buy it like crazy because its a #1 and commen belief says that #1’s are always worth more.

• seneca
      August 8, 2011 at 1:18 pm — Reply

And in a year or two they will add these issues to the previous uncanny Xmen titles so they can celebrate an issue 300 or 500.

7. alvarlux
    August 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm — Reply

I guess I’m one of the few people who don’t mind – I don’t see these as attempts at the 90’s “gotta collect ’em all” cash grabs, but rather the companies creating “seasons” of the comic by resetting after major changes; allowing people an easy jump on place with a new volume.

It also helps convey a sense of change in a world we all know will reset in 6 months anyway.

8. James
    August 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm — Reply

The Marvel number ones are the ones going day and date. Expect all of them to go number one with in the next year.