Image Comics is pleased to introduce a completely redesigned Website, which includes many additional features and improvements. ComiXology, who created and continues to maintain the Image App for digital comics, has once again partnered with the publisher for the redesign of their Website.
Some of those exciting features and improvements include:
- A new online database which will help fans search for their favorite comics and discover new favorites by allowing them to search by creator, series title, or even genre.
- A live RSS feed, inviting fans to keep abreast of the latest Image Comics news and participate in the Image Comics community via Twitter and Facebook.
- A section devoted to digital comics for sale, including some downloads that are even available for free! Read all of Images Comics digital comics at comics.imagecomics.com.
- The Image Comics Forums, which will continue to give creators, retailers, and fans alike an online home for questions and discussion.
“A company’s Website represents your business when you can’t, so Image took proactive measures with us to ensure that their online presence represents them well,” said David Steinberger, CEO of comiXology. “Their new site functionality will ensure that all of their comics are easily discoverable by their community, and allow them to directly interact with them as well.”
“Imagecomics.com has been due for an overhaul for some time, but we’re all extremely happy with the latest iteration of our site,” added Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson. “How comics are marketed, sold and read continues to change at a rapid pace, so there’s always more work to be done, but the comiXology crew have given us a fantastic framework to move forward with.”
Some of the features that Image Comics fans can look forward to in coming months will include:
- An exclusive retailers-only section that will offer assets and information for retailers to assist them in sales, and will require a log-in code to enter.
- A section for libraries and educators that will offer assets, plans and information to aid them in their quest to get people reading and enjoying comics.
- The new Website at www.imagecomics.com is live now, so please have a look, and you may just discover your new favorite comics there!
Since 2007 comiXology has been developing the technological infrastructure to bring comics into the digital mainstream and expose new audiences to the rich history and culture of the industry. Through partnerships with top comic book publishers including Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Archaia Entertainment, BOOM! Studios, Dynamite Entertainment and Image Comics as well as their own mobile and web apps which hosts over 10,000 digital titles, comiXology has become a leader in digital comic book proliferation. Also focused on creating strong ties with retail stores through its technology solutions, comiXology continues to transform the previously fragmented comic ecosystem into a vibrant and cohesive marketplace.
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has five partners: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri and Jim Valentino. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline, Skybound and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.