When it is time for the heroes in the Marvel universe to fight evil, there are a number of organizations for the good guys to engage in battle. But which is the best? Which inflicts the most damage? Which group makes you go OH DAMN! LOOK OUT (fill in the blank hero)!

Which evil group is the most powerful in the Marvel Universe?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

FROM THE VAULT: Conan The Adventurer, Season One

Marvel tells retailers "Give us your unsold DC comics"

1. diagnull
    July 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm — Reply

Easy. The insane beekeepers of A.I.M.

The Hand may be ninjas, Hydra may have many “heads,” but A.I.M. has 2 things they don’t have: MODOK and Karl.

-D

2. Vistapa
    July 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm — Reply

A.I.M ‘cos they fight the forces of good with SCiENCE

3. Praion
    July 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm — Reply

A.I.M. can be quite powerfull but from what i see they never really manage to use their invention for themselves really well.

I say Hydra because for one dead head two others will take it’s place

4. Russ Catt
    July 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm — Reply

I went with Hydra for two major reasons:
    1. Their apparent power in Fear Itself. Hydra is giving their all against the heroes while MODOK and his AIM cohorts are hiding from the conflict.
    2. Their historical resonance. The machinations of Hydra have had lasting effects in many Marvel Characters. For instance:
    – Nick Fury
    – Captain America
    – Charles Xavier, Gabrielle Haller and Erik Magnus
    – Richard and Mary Parker

The tentacles of Hydra are everywhere! Hail Hydra!

5. July 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm — Reply

bob: agent of hydra FTW

6. Allen
    July 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm — Reply

A.I.M. Fear the beekeeper outfit!

7. ClubberLang6
    July 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm — Reply

I went with “the Hand” because it sounds like a bad a#$ gang.

8. JacinB
    July 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm — Reply

The Hand = Ninjas.

I’m not even sure why there’s a discussion.

• Damascus
      July 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm — Reply

Because all you have to do is take the leader out and they’ll follow you and do what you want. Daredevil deposed the previous leader and could have used the Hand to fight crime if he wanted to.

9. July 26, 2011 at 4:19 pm — Reply

Boy, that Cap movie sure did wonders for Hydra in this poll. Didn’t it?

I still feel A.I.M. is the most dangerous organization in Marvel since they produce 90% of the tech used by villains in the Marvel U. Heck, Hydra usually bums off tech from A.I.M.

10. July 26, 2011 at 4:27 pm — Reply

Shouldn’t there be a “depends on who’s writing the story” option? Or, maybe, “depends on who the protagonist is.”

I mean, if it’s in a Wolverine or Daredevil book, it’s going to be The Hand. If it’s Cap or Avengers, it’s probably going to be Hydra. But if it’s a Spidey, Iron Man or some other science-y hero, AIM will be the one who will destroy the universe as we know it.

11. Ricco
    July 26, 2011 at 5:01 pm — Reply

The choice is obvious, which ever evil comic book villains are behind the none stop events, those guy can kill any hero… or at leat their book.

12. aerspyder
    July 26, 2011 at 5:40 pm — Reply

I stared at this one for a while. Had to go with AIM. Science can defeat anything, even ninjas, eventually.

Great POW, Stephen.

13. brenton8090
    July 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm — Reply

The Hand look the best in their picture. Plus, they turn to smoke when they die.

14. ~wyntermute~
    July 26, 2011 at 6:10 pm — Reply

As much as I don’t really fear the Hand, I do feel compelled to point out that ninjas have MAGIC~! And magic usually beats science, contrary to what some may think. ;) (I didn’t vote for ninjas in the poll; I’m just sayin..)

15. Bob
    July 26, 2011 at 9:01 pm — Reply

The Hand – hard to keep those darn undead ninja’s down…

16. Xaxelbrax
    July 27, 2011 at 1:20 am — Reply

A.I.M. already rules the world and they do it without anyone knowing.

17. July 27, 2011 at 6:02 am — Reply

HAIL HYDRA!!!

18. ed
    July 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm — Reply

i would say the Brian Michael Bendis…:-)

19. Caio Marinho.
    July 28, 2011 at 12:52 am — Reply

A.I.M.! Their chief weapons are fear, surprise and beekeeper hats.

20. Damascus
    July 28, 2011 at 7:11 pm — Reply

I tried to think about this poll somewhat logically considering the y’know fictional nature of the groups, and I settled on Hydra. From recent revelations in various books, Hydra was behind S.H.I.E.L.D. and the fact that they’re set up like modern terrorist cells, there is an inner circle that is planning the big picture and yet none of the other cells know what’s going on with the rest and like they say, cut one head off and two others will take it’s place.

AIM makes a lot of the tech, but they’re not very subtle and easily defeated, frequently running from the very thing they created which either got out of control or was turned on them. They also look like eraser head-having bee keepers, so they aren’t very threatening.

The Hand may be a formiddable foe on the battlefield or in the comfort of your own heavily fortified bunker, but they seem to be completely directionless without a leader. They’re much like The Foot Clan from TMNT, you get rid of the leader or take out their employers and they have no more loyalty to the cause. Daredevil took them over and granted he went a little bonkers, he could have had them doing more good deeds than he did.

• July 29, 2011 at 10:02 am — Reply

You may already know this (and it may be why you made the reference), but the Foot was based on The Hand. That’s why they’re called “The Foot”.

A lot of DD references in those TMNT comics.