Here’s the trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes that was shown at Comic-Con.

I think I agree with one of our Spoilerites, who thinks dropping a nuke from orbit would be the fastest way to end this ape uprising…

But until that happens, I’ll fear the day when ape attempts to take over the world.

TRAILER: The Doctor saves Hitler's life?

DUELING REVIEW: Rocketeer Adventures #3 (of 4)

1. Allen
    July 24, 2011 at 6:13 pm — Reply

Im there.

2. Dboy Mugg
    July 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm — Reply

Hooooooooly Shhhhhhh. I was sold with the last few trailers, but this tops it. All Hail Caesar!

3. Kirby
    July 24, 2011 at 8:19 pm — Reply

Yeah I’m sold. Graphics look pretty good plus you have 3rd Rock from the Sun & Draco in a movie.

4. Pantsthemonkey
    July 25, 2011 at 6:48 am — Reply

Can. Not. Wait. Looks incredible.

5. SpiderLover
    July 25, 2011 at 10:25 am — Reply

I’m afraid of intelligent apes now. Cold Blooded.

6. Tony
    July 25, 2011 at 3:56 pm — Reply

Once law enforcement caught wind that these apes are deliberately attacking and killing people, why wouldn’t they just gun them down? They can’t dodge bullets, they don’t have armor or the desire to use any technology. And how many of them can there really be? A few hundred?

I’m having trouble suspending my disbelief here.

7. Jeff
    July 25, 2011 at 9:27 pm — Reply

I’m guessing that one of the other plot elements is that the apes were mass-produced (cloned) in the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) for experimentation. That, and/or whatever makes the them smart is 1) communicable, and 2) debilitating somehow to humans (remember in the original that humans didn’t speak and had regressed).

I love PA sci-fi, and I love PotA, but I’m with you on this one – unless the apes have great numbers and somehow expand rapidly beyond San Francisco, I’m going to have a hard time believing the human race fell to a bunch of sentient primates with spears and manhole covers…

8. Dboy Mugg
    July 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm — Reply

Or…it could just be a movie. :)

9. Tony
    July 27, 2011 at 10:59 am — Reply

That’s an interesting point with the cloning. There was a scene with them attacking some sort of science facility. But growing a clone is supposed to be a slow process. This would be implying a clone “assembly line” of sorts. And if they’re smart enough to do that, why don’t they just use guns?

As nerds, it’s our job to ask the questions nobody actually cares about. :P