Once again, we’ve scoured all the news coming from the San Diego Comic Con, run it through the wringer, chapped and sorted all the info, and deliver up the tid-bits and information, along with our commentary, on Top Cow’s panel, and are serving it up to you, after the jump.
On the Panel:
Joshua Hale Fialkov
Lance Briggs of the Chicago Bears
- As reported previously, The Darkness is getting the big screen treatment.
- New writer is coming to The Darkness series, with Jeremy Haun dong the art.
- Look for a dedicated Darkness App from comiXology.
- in a different interview, but worth mentioning here, Marc Silvestri says he’s betting against the DC Relaunch being a success.
I’ll bet against it. And here’s why: I think it’s a fool’s game, I’m not on board, I think it’s a fool’s game what they’re doing. They’ve got 52 titles that they’re launching #1, I’m down with that idea. Right? I get it, right. To do it all in one month is the fallacy there. As a businessman, one of the things I try to do before I get headstrong on something is to look at historical data that will basically back up my position. I’m trying to figure out what record company, what car company, what TV show, what theatre, what ice cream parlor, put out 52 new products in the same month and expected the consumer to upgrade all 52 of them. If the answer is — and I’d be curious to talk to DC — if they said, ‘No, no, no, we don’t expect all of them to necessarily bump up,” then it seems like a missed opportunity.
- Pilot Season titles were announced:
- The Test
- The Beauty
- Flesh Digger
- City of Refuge
- Theory of Everything
- Previous Pilot Season winners, Genius, and 39 Minutes, arrive in early 2012.
- Artifacts is now an ongoing series, and according to Matt Hawkins it is the company’s Justice League/Avengers. It is not getting a new number one. Hawkins said, “We’re not renumbering it like some people are doing in September.”
- Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic are the Artifacts creative team.
- Tim Seeley talked up Witchblade.
- Killionaire was pitched by Russ Cundiff as “Imagine you had every wish you ever had come true, but you’re haunted by the price constantly.”
And that is what we know so far. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, and keep checking the site, as we will continue to cover the show from our bunker 10,000 feet below sea level.