SDCC’11: DC’s Batman Panel
I hear there was some talk of Batman at one of the DC panels today at San Diego. Take the jump for our Major Spoilers summary of announcements (or lack thereof).
On the Panel
editor Rachel Gluckstern
- Judd Winick on Catwoman: “This is a dirty, dirty book, and you’re going to enjoy it.”
- Judd Winick on Batwing: “An opportunity to create a new Batman.”
- If you like comics about damaged characters, you’re going to love Red Hood and the Outlaws… There you go, kids. Starfire is damaged goods… and you know what that means… Yup, her past with Dick Grayson is still part of DC continuity.
- Morrison says you’re going to shed tears when Batman Incorporated returns.
- Apparently, all of the villains in the DCnU won’t get much of a change and will stay true to their concepts.
- Batgirl, like many of the other DC titles (Justice League, Action Comics) will be a series that focuses on Barbra Gordon as a young woman just out of college, struggling to find her place in the world. If Gail wasn’t pulling someone’s leg, that should make a lot of people happy.
- Simone also said fans shouldn’t worry about Stephanie Brown, she hasn’t been lost in the new DCU. As many of speculated, and I believe at least on of us has mentioned it before- Batgirl, Inc. anyone?
And save for a crack about gingers and Jason Todd’s hair, that was about all that was said at the panel worth noting. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, and keep checking the site, as we will continue to cover the show from our bunker 10,000 feet below sea level.