Expect this to come out in a high resolution format right after its debut at the San Diego Comic Con, but for now, check out the leaked version of the trailer, before it gets taken down in about ten minutes.

UPDATE: We were able to find a better version of the trailer for you to check out. It still may not last long, but at least you’ll get another chance to see it.

For those lucky enough to see it, what did you think?

SDCC'11: Lions, Tigers, and Bears returns at San Diego

GAMING: Batman: Arkham City collector's edition details announced

1. Eddie Sheridan
    July 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Two thumbs down. It’s like emo Spider-Man.

2. darklighter
    July 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm — Reply

Fierce…he’s here and he’s ahh never mind..

3. July 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm — Reply

Looks FANTASTIC. Really can’t wait. That first person perspective is gonna be great on the big screen.

4. July 19, 2011 at 12:37 pm — Reply

Am I the only one that felt like all those scenes could have come from Raimi’s films with a dark knight filter?
    not impressed.

• Dboy Mugg
      July 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm — Reply

Agreed…its the grown up version for all the people that saw it already and then…grew up.

5. Dboy Mugg
    July 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm — Reply

I really want to give this a shot…but in honesty, I dont think my brain has allowed the last Spiderman trilogy to disappear yet. Im really not ready for this story to be rebooted. Granted the story will ‘hopefully’ be different, but I as well as everyone else knows how Peter became Spidey…and those who didnt got a pretty good (somewhat skewed) gist of it in the Raimi films. Call me ignorant, but Im not ready to watch this movie again…I already saw it 8 years ago.

6. TaZ
    July 19, 2011 at 1:03 pm — Reply

Once again, I missed it before it was pulled. However, I’m not as upset about missing this one as I was the Avenger’s trailer.

7. Brian D
    July 20, 2011 at 11:22 am — Reply

Not impressed. Just a teaser, but still don’t think its worth my time to see.

8. Eric
    July 20, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

Does anyone really need to learn the origin again? I’m so sick of origin stories. I hope they cruise through that part.

Also… Who is the villain?

• TheNewNum.2
      July 20, 2011 at 12:36 pm — Reply

The Lizard at least… It was probably Doc Connors’ lab that Gwen and Peter were in during one quick moment.

Overall, I’m sold on Emma Stone’s Gwen, but the jury is still out on Garfield’s Peter. The Spidey-view is going to look great on the big screen, but it would make me nauseous in 3D. I’m hoping that the ’emo’ bit is part of the growth that the character goes through – starting off all dreary and mopey, but becoming the wise-cracking Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man by the time the credits roll.

9. Kirby
    July 20, 2011 at 6:07 pm — Reply

I will give it a shot don’t get me wrong but, the 1st person looked too much like a video game for me.

10. TheNewNum.2
    July 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm — Reply

Director Mark Webb on why his Spider-Man isn’t nerdy. Believe it or not, according to Webb, Nerds are too cool.

“Nerds are no longer pariahs and knowing how to write computer code is longer a [mocked] quality. What was important in those early comics was this notion that Peter Parker is an outsider and how we define that in a contemporary context. That, I think, was one of the challenges for us — getting Peter Parker’s outsider status to be current.” – Marc Webb, in The LA Times (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/07/18/spider-man-director-marc-webb-feels-a-responsiblity-to-reinvent-the-hero/)

11. July 20, 2011 at 7:07 pm — Reply

I think Andrew Garfield as the lead is a great choice. I like him better than Tobey actually but like some of the other people mentioning, another origin story? Marvel’s rebooted two franchises in less than 10 years from the originals, WTH? Don’t they have 50 years worth of stories to move forward.

Now can we move forward and give me an asskicking Iron Fist film?

12. Oldcomicfan
    July 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm — Reply

I find it interesting that they show more of Peter’s past than was revealed in the comics (at least up until I quit reading during the “SpiderMan is a Clone” debacle. Throughout the seventies, nothing was ever said about Pete’s parents in the comics. I’m not sure about the young man playing Peter. I thought Maguire did an excellent job in the first three movies. At least they didn’t go with Shea LaBoeuf! If this movie follows the Captain Stacey/Gwen Stacey route instead of the MJ route, that would be good, too. The problem with this sort of movie where the characters are so age specific, is that the kids grow faster than the movies can be made. Look at what happened to the actors in the Harry Potter movies, or the kids in the first three Narnia movies. The studios almost need to do what Peter Jackson did with the LOTR and film them all at the same time. The days are long gone when studios would put out up to eleven films a year featuring a child star, like they did with Shirley Temple. Will I go to see the new SpiderMan film? Probably, unless, like the Thor and Green Lantern movie, the commericals and trailers make it obvious in advance what a steaming pile the movie might be…

• TheNewNum.2
      July 21, 2011 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Emma Stone (22) and Andrew Garfield (27) are hardly child actors, so that won’t be a problem with this, unless the stories they want to tell keep Parker et al in HS forever, eventually Emma and Andrew will be too old for the suspension of disbelief to have a chance.

13. hunterdan
    July 21, 2011 at 12:11 am — Reply

Don’t know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about the reboot as
    a)they reboot, retcon or rewrite in the comics so at least it’s faithfull in that regarding
    b)didn’t they see the mess that was spiderman 3?

• darklighter
      July 22, 2011 at 11:04 am — Reply

Absolutely. Plus the first series pretty much wrote out Gwen Stacey who is almost as big a figure in the Spiderman mythos as Uncle Ben and shaped who he is much more so than MJ. I’m hopin like the Batman Begins the end of this one will set up the Goblin for the next one and the all important death of GS story.

Oh and hopefully the Goblin also will not look like a Power Ranger this time either.

14. Darrell
    July 21, 2011 at 6:00 pm — Reply

Hunterdan: Spiderman 3 was a messy film compared to the previous two spidey flicks. But in terms of quality, it’s still far superior to a lot of what’s out there. The weakest of the spiderman movies is MUCH better than most of what gets shoved our way (Like say Daredevil, and Green Lantern). It’s Batman forever which people only *thought* was a bad batman movie until Batman and Robin was released. It’s fashionable for people to bash SM3 even though the vast majority of viewers actually enjoyed it, which is something I don’t get, but whatever.

Anyway, I was going to make a bunch of explicit remarks detailing why this trailer has already convinced me never to see this movie. I refuse. Sony is obviously expecting Spidey fans who will support the character come hell or highwater, which they’ll get although it’s loyalty to the character, not loyalty to the film company that will bring them in. Me ranting about how everyone who ever said that bringing the films back to high school in a blatant attempt to grab the Twilight market is the most soulless act of corporate greed crapping on pop art to happen in ages won’t change anything. This is Sony’s last hurrah with the character. All I can do is wait it out, and cheer loudly when Marvel gets the film rights back in a few years and erases this inevitable turd stain from the porcelain white of our memories. I only hope this new direction doesn’t do too much damage to our regard for Edward and Bella. I mean Peter, and Gwen.

• darklighter
      July 22, 2011 at 11:10 am — Reply

Unfair assessment and to say thay Spidey 3 is better than Green Lantern is absurd. GL while hardly a classic was at least still on the same train of thought the whole movie. Spidey 3 was like a fan made edit of three different movies mashed into one, completely on par with the horrendous Batman & Robin.

• Damascus
        August 3, 2011 at 1:04 am — Reply

Sorry but in no way is Spider-man 3 as bad as B&R. No way. I’m not saying that the dance sequence and other elements are stupid, but there was still enough in SM3 to redeem it from the depths of a Catwoman/Batman and Robin kind of movie.

I would say that it’s at least as bad as Ghost Rider or Daredevil though. They seem kind of equally on the same level. All three have small elements that are awesome.