This Major Spoilers Poll of the Week comes to us from Otter Disaster, the mind behind the Major Spoilers Adventures webcomic series that you can read every Friday, right here, on this site. But, more importantly, it’s lunch time, and the topic of fast food usually comes up around Stately Spoilers Mansion – especially when it comes to those delicious crispy potatoes we call Freedom Fries (not really).

A few months ago, Wendy’s changed the way they serve up their carbohydrate, chemical coated, deep fried potatoes.

Which Wendy's Fries do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Valiant Entertainment announces Jeff Gomez appointment

MOVIE: Yoakam in talks for Lone Ranger role

1. July 19, 2011 at 12:20 pm — Reply

The thicker the fry the better, the more skin on the spud, the tastier! Glen-Gene Deli has the best fries for my money.

2. July 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm — Reply

Natural cut taste the most like boardwalk fries, so they win.

Now, if Wendy’s would just do something about their chicken…

3. RobCooper22
    July 19, 2011 at 12:24 pm — Reply

With fries, as well as most things in pop-culture, I prefer the original. “Natural Cut” is clearly the Ultimate Universe/Relaunch Fry. Old Style all the way!

4. Rob
    July 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm — Reply

I prefer the old style. can’t put my finger on it, the new style tastes different and it seems odd to me (guessing it is the deep fried skin). I want skin on my baked potato not on my deep fried fries.

5. Allen
    July 19, 2011 at 12:49 pm — Reply

Personally I prefer McDonalds french fries!

6. ClubberLang6
    July 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm — Reply

It is like comparing new coke with Coca Cola Classic! I don’t know why these corporations mess with something that is good!

7. JoeM
    July 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm — Reply

While I love fast food, Wendy’s is just one I won’t go to. I worked in a Wendy’s for about 3 weeks in high school and haven’t been able to go back. Of course that particular Wendy’s was shut down for health code violations about 6 months later, so that one probably wasn’t a good example of the chain, but it put me off Wendy’s. (On the other hand, I worked for Burger King for about 3 years around the same time, and I’ll still go back there)

8. PicoHerz
    July 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I haven’t eaten junk food for at least 5 years now. Mainly because I don’t like the taste of it, but also because it’s healthier to make things yourself.

Mayhaps it helps that I live in Europe, where the benefit of going to a chain is almost negligible.

C’est la vie

9. Navarre
    July 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm — Reply

I avoid fast food whenever possible so I really have little to contribute except a vote to that effect.

10. randy
    July 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm — Reply

natural cut tastes like dirt! i hate the natural cut trend.

• ~wyntermute~
      July 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm — Reply

I am in complete and total agreement!!!!! ^_^

11. randy
    July 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm — Reply

btw when did wendy’s start selling carl’s jr natural cut fries?

12. Alisha Mynx
    July 19, 2011 at 2:12 pm — Reply

I prefer the taste of the new Wendy’s fries over any other “regular” fries out there. I normally don’t like fries (except curly fries, which I LOVE) but I like the Wendy’s fries well enough that I’ll get an order of just that and a drink sometimes.

13. litanyofthieves
    July 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm — Reply

Here in the barbaric wastes of Canada, we have only heard tales from traveling bards of how this “Wendy’s” serves its customers nuclear potatoes, salads with man-eating venus flytraps, and chalices of hoarfrost while a smiling woman with a flaming head grins maliciously down upon her customers…..

Seriously, though, there’s no Wendy’s where I live, so I haven’t had a chance to try the new ones yet.

• ~wyntermute~
      July 19, 2011 at 2:57 pm — Reply

… It’s things like this that keep giving people the impression that we all live in igloos up here. I’m also in Canada, and there is a Wendy’s in my city. We don’t all inhabit the ‘barbaric wastes’ of which he speaks.

• litanyofthieves
        July 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm — Reply

Relax, man, it was mostly a joke. Also, I’m from northern alberta, so “barbaric wastes” is an entirely apt description.

• Alisha Mynx
      July 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm — Reply

litany, that’s similar to my reaction when people talk about places that aren’t around here, like Jack in the Box or Chik-fil-A or Coldstone. Except I don’t live in the wastelands of canada, I live in Backwater Hillbillyburg, Illinois (Proud of our new stoplight we got in 1975).

• litanyofthieves
        July 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm — Reply

Damn, I wish we had Jack In the Box.

14. Vamuli
    July 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm — Reply

I have never even seen this strange place “Wendy’s” so…err..something…

15. July 19, 2011 at 4:48 pm — Reply

The new fries, while not the best fries around, are vastly superior to the mushy, flavorless originals. I like Wendy’s burgers, but was often deterred from eating there because of their awful french fries. Since the change to the new fries I’ve eaten there more in the last 4 months than in the last 4 years.

16. @lantis
    July 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm — Reply

I like the old fries. They kept me from eating french fries at Wendy’s which made my meal slightly healthier than it would have been at any other restaurant.

17. Kirby
    July 19, 2011 at 5:03 pm — Reply

Natural cut, this may displace Popeyes vs. KFC, for most ludicruous poll.

18. Ricco
    July 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm — Reply

Natural for me, then again I’ll eat both with no problem, as long as they are not garlic fries I’ll eat them so fast I’ll hardly notice the difference.

19. Robalobadingdong
    July 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm — Reply

Old style. I do not like the gimmick that is natural cut fries. Seems like they are trying to get the health conscious people in by saying that they are NATURAL cut fries and they still have the skin on. Don’t bullshit me Wendy’s.

20. TorontoFrog
    July 19, 2011 at 7:05 pm — Reply

That poll will certainly change the face of the world. I chose the nature one because they are more crispy than the mushy old one. And I’d really hope I could honestly select the third choice, so I’d have less jogging to do to loose that extra grease! :)

21. SpiderLover
    July 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm — Reply

I tend to stay away from fast food, generally because I don’t want moobs. However I did have the old style when I ate that, and it was salty. Which of course equals tasty.

22. Michael
    July 19, 2011 at 7:47 pm — Reply

My choice of fries is Carl’s Jr. from back in the day. Crinkle cut and crispy on the outside with a little tub of ketchup to dip them in.

23. July 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm — Reply
  24. chillidawg72
    July 21, 2011 at 8:26 am — Reply

Have we run out of ideas on these polls?

• July 21, 2011 at 8:56 am — Reply

Most certainly not, and taking a look at the number of votes, Spoilerites don’t seem to be that concerned about it…

• July 21, 2011 at 11:05 pm — Reply

Have we run out of ideas on these polls?

Don’t be ‘the internet,’ man. :) We will never run out of ideas…