SDCC'11: Marvel Swag revealed

IDW announces Chris Roberson and Rich Ellis's Memorial

1. TheNewNum.2
    July 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm — Reply

Hard to hear what the Commish was saying, even with my volume turned up to max… but this movie can’t be released fast enough as far as I’m concerned. =)

2. darklighter
    July 18, 2011 at 2:20 pm — Reply

Couldn’t hear him either but I agree. After the garbage Ironman II, Thor and GL I am so lookin forward to this

3. Obsidian
    July 18, 2011 at 3:14 pm — Reply

I’m starting to feel like Nolan will break Batman’s back in this final movie.

The movie will have Batman broken fairly early and will end with him returning triumphantly.

4. July 18, 2011 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Ra’s al Ghul voiceover:
    If you make yourself more than just a man
    If you devote yourself to an ideal
    Then you become something else entirely
    A legend Mr Wayne, a Legend.

Gordon: “We were in this together..”
    Gordon: “Then you were gone..”
    Gordon: “And now there is evil…rises”
    Gordon: “The batman has to come back..”

Bruce: “What if he doesn’t exist anymore?”
    Gordon: “he must…he must..”

I can’t make out what people are chanting when the movie title is being shown. Can’t wait for the movie though!

5. IamtheWalrus
    July 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm — Reply

Anyone else getting a “Bane as leader of the Mutants” vibe?

• Vamuli
      July 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm — Reply

That made me realise how much the few seconds we see batman reminds me of the fight with the leader in Dark Knight Returns. I know its just a feeling I get…

• IamtheWalrus
        July 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm — Reply

Yeah, it just seems to fit, visually and in terms of the story arc as well. The mutants were always the outcome of the costumed weirdness (ie Joker) on the impressionable youth of Gotham. Hmmm… would be interesting.

6. hectorbustnuts
    July 18, 2011 at 11:10 pm — Reply

DC have solicited for November release a 544 page collected edition of “No Man’s Land”.

I wonder if by then more of the “Dark Knight Rises” plot will have been revealed and this will serve as a tie-in/primer, just as they pushed “Year One” at the release of “Batman Begins”?

Crumbling Gotham skyline in the teaser trailer & poster certainly push the idea of a cataclysmic natural disaster.