Here’s the trailer for the upcoming prequel to the John Carpenter 1982 movie of the same name.

<a href='http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers/#/video/f749b83d-e1d0-4983-a918-a9c3914b03c0' target='_new' title='&#39;The Thing&#39; Movie Trailer' >Video: &#39;The Thing&#39; Movie Trailer</a>

Looks like a remake, rather than a prequel, but whatever, I’m on board to have the crap scared out of me in October.

MOVIE: Akira not dead, Director found

REVIEW: New Avengers #14

1. Ced
    July 14, 2011 at 4:54 pm — Reply

It look fine, I am still cautious, but I will be seeing it.

2. July 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm — Reply

I agree, this looks like a remake. Covers the same territory as before. And if the fx aren’t as good (e.g. CGI) as Rob Bottins from the original, then there is no need to remake it. There are many classics among early John Carpenter movies, and this is one of them.
    They should continue the story, not remake or prequel.
    I don’t understand Hollywoods fascination with prequels where the audience already knows the ending.

3. Charlie
    July 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm — Reply

It looks to me like a mix of the movie and the short story its all based off of, hesitantly optimistic as well. My guess is that the original is a cult classic, this gives them a chance for the movie to reach the main stream and make more money off of content that they already have. That and the video game already covered what happens next.

4. Sebastian
    July 15, 2011 at 12:51 am — Reply

At first I thought: “Hey look it’s that AvP movie” ;-)

5. wdchefdave
    July 15, 2011 at 3:15 pm — Reply

Mike Ploog did the artwork for the “storyboard”… and this classic movie should not be touched!
    What the hell could they think that they could do better? Shall we redo Starman? Hey, nobody has made a Bladerunner remake… or let’s just redo Alien while we are at it!!! Is the creative oven so empty?

6. Dan Hunter
    July 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm — Reply

and I think I’ll rewatch the original thank you very much.

7. Matthew
    July 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm — Reply

in the original the thing is already thawed, we dont see anything about where it came from except that its being chased by the other science team. seems like a prequel to me. does look like more of the same. but its a neat way to show off the new monster fx tech. im still on board.