Marvel teases the next three issues of Fear Itself with this solicitation image.

FEAR ITSELF #5 (JUN110581)
Written by MATT FRACTION
Art by STUART IMMONEN
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
FOC – 7/18, On-Sale – 8/10

FEAR ITSELF #6 (JUL110570)
Written by MATT FRACTION

SDCC'11: Pirate Raiders Minimates to be given away at show

TEASER: The Infinite

1. July 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm — Reply

Tron Itself…

2. Baron of Kaos
    July 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm — Reply

Yeah they kinda look like the Tron-version that were pubblished sometimes ago… I noticed it just now…
    So fear itself is Marvel-Tron with asgardian hammers?!? I won’t be surprised if the Serpent is a “Clu” version of Odin..

3. July 8, 2011 at 3:30 pm — Reply

The Worthy: I recognize most of the people in the pic, but I can’t seem to place the 2 women. Anyone know?

The Mighty: So far, I can make out Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hawkeye and Spider-Man. Don’t know who the girl with the huge sword (My guess: She-Hulk) or the person behind Hawkeye (can’t tell if it’s a girl or a boy) is. Any guesses?

• Ricco
      July 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm — Reply

Red She-Hulk with the huge sword (to have the husband/wife beatdown all “good” dramas need), Black Widow/Mocking Bird/Shanon as the featureless last girl. For some reason I really want the last girl to be Maria Hill.

• firehazard
        July 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm — Reply

i think girl with what looks like a “S” on her chest is probably Ms. Marvel. The other girl that appears to be behind what looks like wolverine I think is Kitty Pride. Due in part to Colossus becoming the new Juggernaut.

4. TaZ
    July 8, 2011 at 4:59 pm — Reply

My guess on the last figure is Black Panther. No idea why, just a guess.

• TaZ
      July 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm — Reply

But it’s probably Spiderman. You can’t have Wolverine without Spiderman except in the X-men

• slimeknight
        July 8, 2011 at 6:53 pm — Reply

spiderman is the last on the right. I thought valkyrie for the big lady but hulk sounds right

• Ced
          July 8, 2011 at 7:44 pm — Reply

yep Spiderman, check the feet.

• Casaloki
            July 9, 2011 at 2:29 am — Reply

You can discern Black Panther from Spiderman by looking on his feet? Why, is he wearing special NikeAir or what?^^

• Ced
            July 9, 2011 at 10:56 am — Reply

You can see web patterns. :P

5. Rowan
    July 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm — Reply

I like spidermans blades alot that looks pretty rad other than that TRON!!!!!!!!!

6. July 9, 2011 at 7:57 pm — Reply

I’m annoyed at the implication that all this build-up of stuff is just going to lead to another “they power up and then THEY FIGHT!”

Hopefully it plays out less cut and dried than that…

• TaZ
      July 10, 2011 at 9:52 am — Reply

Kinda doubtful, Michael.

Quite frankly I have no idea how I’ll like the DC “relaunch” books but several of the “Flashpoint” mini-series have been a much better read than “Fear Itself”. Which is a bit dissapointing as I was hoping for something more from Marvel than what we’re seeing in their “three ‘events'”: Fear Itself, Spider Island (ugh!) and Schism. I will, however, return to full fledged Marvel fanboy mode while watching “Captain America: The First Avenger”.

• Damascus
      July 19, 2011 at 2:17 am — Reply

Yes, and hopefully as they start putting the beat down on the baddies, Rita Repulsa will yell out, “Make my monster GROW!” and throw her staff and then all the “Mighty” will have to get their Dinozords and it’ll just be a big ol’ smackdown.

7. Armaan
    July 10, 2011 at 12:12 pm — Reply

Fear Itself just seems to be a very, very, very simple story. It’s like Marvel is doing an old “Someone tries to take over the world!” story and is spreading it across as many titles as possible. They story itself seems like it could fit snugly into a four-part Justice League arc.