Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

VIDEO: Proof Transformers 3 is recycled garbage

Major Spoilers Podcast #318: Captain America: Nomad

1. July 5, 2011 at 10:27 am — Reply

Scissors are sharp, therefore I choose it.

2. Navarre
    July 5, 2011 at 10:38 am — Reply

I’m going to wait and see what others most often choose…then choose the option that beats that!

3. litanyofthieves
    July 5, 2011 at 10:49 am — Reply

The only way to win is not to play.

4. Xaxelbrax
    July 5, 2011 at 11:10 am — Reply

Scissors beat everything. Rock smash scissors? Bah, scissors would spin and drilll through rock. Scissors stongest one there is!

5. Nordberg
    July 5, 2011 at 11:19 am — Reply

6. Allen
    July 5, 2011 at 11:21 am — Reply

I much prefer Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!

7. Haple
    July 5, 2011 at 11:22 am — Reply

Went with the paper, nobody ever suspects the paper as the weapon of choice.

• aerspyder
      July 5, 2011 at 11:32 am — Reply

Dang, stole mine.

Nobody expects that paper inquisition.

8. Omaha Steve
    July 5, 2011 at 11:29 am — Reply

I’m a firm believer (pun intended) in Rock, but that’s probably a function of having a degree in geology.

9. Landle
    July 5, 2011 at 11:32 am — Reply

Nothing beats the Rock!

10. dvallej
    July 5, 2011 at 11:37 am — Reply

good old rock nothing beats rock

11. SkrullBryan
    July 5, 2011 at 11:41 am — Reply

My kids ALWAYS start with rock… FOOLS!!!

12. Russ Catt
    July 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm — Reply

Looking at the results thus far, my selection of Scissors might explain why I tend to lose quickly in RPS challenges :)

13. KVH
    July 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm — Reply

Wow I looked on wikipedia to spur something clever to say and actually learned a lot about Rock Paper Scissors… Things such as court cases being settled by them, that there is actually a species of lizard that establishes mating practices on a color version of Rock Paper Scissors (Orange beats blue, blue beats yellow, and yellow beats orange) for getting the ladies.

If you want to get philosophical you could say that the 3 represent social ideologies. Looking at the pictures you have the raised fist used commonly by Marxists, anarchists, socialists, communists, pacifists, trade unionists, and black nationalists…( Then you have the raised open hand salute used commonly by ancient romans, was used by the US for the pledge of allegiance before the hand over the heart, and then used by the fascist parties Italy and Germany during WWII ( . And finally the V Sign for scissors, most commonly being used by those that either celebrate Victory or Peace, also used by young japanese girls in photos (it’s true like the anime’s show I saw it when I was in Japan), also interestingly it looks like it is an offensive symbol in the UK (like the middle finger in USA) called the longbowman salute historically “According to the story, the French claimed that they would cut off the arrow-shooting fingers of all the English and Welsh longbowmen after they had won the battle at Agincourt. But the English came out victorious and showed off their two fingers, still intact”

But finally because it is Major Spoilers…anyone else remember the Manga inspired Teen Titans Comic “Scissors Paper Stone”? ( (:// Enjoyable in the day I remember.

(Apparently I found while looking for the links there were some villans called Rock, Paper and Scissors in the Teen Titans Go series, I did not realize today I would learn so much from the poll of week)

14. Jimmy
    July 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm — Reply

As silly as it is, thanks to an episode of Spongebob Squarepants I viewed when I was younger, I emulate Patrick and always choose Paper in Rock Paper Scissors.

15. July 5, 2011 at 2:29 pm — Reply

I have a fourth option called “The Bird” which I occasionally use. It offers little tactical advantages, save for the element of surprise and anger when using it in a match.

16. ClubberLang6
    July 5, 2011 at 3:22 pm — Reply

I like the Rock because the rock can smash!

17. TorontoFrog
    July 5, 2011 at 3:31 pm — Reply

Gee, I wanted to say Lizard, but the joke already been done! So I’ll say Scimitar. I mean scissors, Always thought that scissors should beat rock, because, you know, rocks are use to sharpen scissors.

18. vistapa
    July 5, 2011 at 3:50 pm — Reply

Can you smell what the scissors is cooking!!!! wait…

19. Kirby
    July 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm — Reply

Good ol’ rock nothing beats that.

20. @lantis
    July 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm — Reply

Rock is Tue easiest one try try and pull a feint with in a match so i think most people will choose that one to win my trickery. So i choose paper to counter that.

• @lantis
      July 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm — Reply

Stupid autocorrect. The above is meant to read:

“Rock is the easiest one to try trickery with by faking that you will throw something else, so i think most people will try that one to win by trickery. So i choose paper to counter that.”

21. July 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm — Reply

PAPER, muthaf-ckers.

22. Robalobadingdong
    July 5, 2011 at 5:20 pm — Reply

Paper gets my vote. It seems so peaceful and relaxed to me. But then again, it defeats the brutal force of the rock by hugging it to death.

Also, I can relate to paper, as scissors also cut me. Vile machines.

23. brenton8090
    July 5, 2011 at 5:38 pm — Reply

Rock is the strongest, and most obvious, choice. So everyone picks paper, thinking it unexpected. But rock is SO obvious, that everyone picks paper. So scissors is the way to go for the smart player. Third tier thinking. And by the votes so far, looks like I was right.

Also, this:

24. tidge
    July 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm — Reply

If you are not slapping the other hand a couple of times when playing…choose Rock. Most players cannot resist making the Scissors symbol in air.

If you are slapping the other hand, choose Paper, because the noise will lull the other player into keeping a fist.

Yeah, I got a lot of drinks paid for this way.

25. July 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm — Reply

My wife is very anal retentive. Like borderline OCD. She always has to throw Rock, then paper, then scissors. I caught on to this the second year in to our relationship. Long story short, I have never had to do dishes or laundry.

26. July 5, 2011 at 6:55 pm — Reply

I love this poll. As it stands, 40% of people choose “rock” when going into a Rock/Paper/Scissor fight. Which means, the smart choice would be “paper,” since you’re going to win about half the time. Which, of course, armed with this information, will make people want to choose “scissors,” so they can beat all the people who are trying to be smarter than “rock.” . . . and the debate goes on and on and on . . .

27. Slappy
    July 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm — Reply

Poor Scissors has the fewest votes and the worst picture.

28. July 5, 2011 at 7:56 pm — Reply

Suborbital meteor.

29. Woolf Man
    July 5, 2011 at 8:54 pm — Reply

What is the Ro Sham Bo equivalent?

30. Corellon_AIE
    July 5, 2011 at 9:39 pm — Reply

I wanna rock! ROCK!

31. Kansas
    July 6, 2011 at 3:27 pm — Reply

I have thrown nothing but rock for the past five years. I tell everyone before we go that I’m going to throw rock. I still win more than half the time. Good ol’rock, nothing beats rock.

32. Ian