When it comes to fights, there is the My Dad Can Beat Your Dad, Superman vs. Hulk, My Fav vs. Your Fav, but rarely do you see fights involving one married couple taking on another married couple.

To be honest, the current relationship status between Green Arrow/Black Canary and Hawkeye/Mockingbird seems to always be up in the air, but for the sake of this Poll of the Week (submitted to us by @Praion via Twitter), we’re considering the couples married.

FIGHT!

FIGHT! Which married couple would emerge victorious?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

DC Relaunch: What we know so far...

SNEAK PEEK: The Mighty Thor #4

1. Jimmy
    June 28, 2011 at 11:10 am — Reply

Either Green Arrow and Black Canary INDIVIDUALLY could probably take down the team of Hawkeye and Mockingbird, but combined? Hawkeye and Mockingbird go down in five minutes, while Ollie and Dinah retire to the bedroom for a few days, emerging only to make Ollie’s patented chili.

2. June 28, 2011 at 11:21 am — Reply

Which is which again?…

3. aerspyder
    June 28, 2011 at 11:50 am — Reply

They are so evenly matched I think that it would be close.

However, Dinah is a Meta, giving the DC team the advantage.

4. justanothergeek
    June 28, 2011 at 11:59 am — Reply

Hawkeye and Mockinbird would win, while both couples have had their share of drama, both have been through death and divorce, as of late I think Hawkeye and Mockinbird are the couple that have dealt with their problems better, moreso Mockingbird is a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, so they have the better strategist there.
    In the end it comes down to which team has the best team players, while Ollie and Dinah are a good team they have trust issues, each one thinking that their way is the better one, if worse came to worse I believe that Bobbi and Clint would be the ones who would stick to their plan while Dinah and Ollie would try to out-save one another (Ollie particularly), in which case the Marvel team would take advantage of their oponents excessive heroism (Bobbi particularly). While the DC team has the best individual heroes, the Marvel team has the best team team-wise.

5. Ricco
    June 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm — Reply

I’m a fan of Birds of Prey, in which we see Dinah take down an army by herself (tanks and all), she is one of the top hand-to-hand fighter in the DCU and her canary cry can shatter steel. So while Ollie and Clint are about equals, Black Canary is far superior to Mockingbird.

P.S. With so many amazing covers/pictures, I see that the Robot Overlord just had to pick the ugliest Canary/Arrow pic he could :-)

6. diagnull
    June 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm — Reply

As much as I love me some Hawkingbird, I don’t think they could take out Green Arrow and Black Canary for 2 reasons: Dinah being a Meta, and Clint being (let’s face it) kind of dumb.

It just wouldn’t take much to trick Clint into doing something stupid, leaving Mockingbird to fend for herself. Kind of like when she was in Hell or whatever.

-D

7. litanyofthieves
    June 28, 2011 at 12:51 pm — Reply

For me, it would come down to who has more fun in the bedroom, and I’m gonna give that one to Ollie and Dinah, because they seem a bit more down with the kinkiness. Plus it would probably be drawn by Amanda Conner.

8. June 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm — Reply

Sort of depends on if it’s one of those times where Canary suddenly loses the canary cry for some reason. With the cry? Ollie and Dinah. Without it? Bobbi and Clint.

9. Ced
    June 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm — Reply

“Dinah is a Meta, giving the DC team the advantage.”
    Is this why Mokinbird is getting some shots of a weird serum that risk giving her unwanted powers or something? :-P

10. June 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm — Reply

I say they both ditch the fight, have a swingers party and finish off the day by eating one of those sandwiches that Matthew likes to talk about. ;p

11. TaZ
    June 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Originals beat pale imitations every time. Plus, Hawkeye would probably whip out some gimmick arrow, causing Oliver Queen to shoot him between the eyes with a real arrow…something he’s done pretty darn well before.

12. June 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm — Reply

I picked Hawkeye and Mockingbird. Hawkeye has worn a lot more hats than Green Arrow, having been a carny, a criminal, an Avenger and even a martial artist named Ronin. Mockingbird has also appeared as a SHIELD agent, a superhero and even a biologist (she also has a variation of the Super Soldier serum, but its effects remain to be seen). This versatility gives them the edge over the more popular DC counterparts.

Plus, they are just more appealing to me as a couple than Ollie and Dinah.

13. Robalobadingdong
    June 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm — Reply

Whats with the bows and birds combo?

• June 28, 2011 at 10:42 pm — Reply

It’s $4.99 and comes with a soda. ;p

14. Omaha Steve
    June 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm — Reply

I was tempted to give it to Hawkeye and Mockingbird just based on Clint’s more vicious nature and general moodiness. In the end I had to give it to GA/Canary based on the effectiveness of Dinah’s scream over Bobbi’s SHIELD-fu.

15. Xaxelbrax
    June 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm — Reply

Honestly Green Arrow & Black Canary would wipe the floor with Hawkeye & Mockingbird, but I’m a Mavel person in the end so I had to vote for Hawkeye and Mockingbird.

16. Andrew
    June 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm — Reply

Green Arrow and Black Canary for the win! Whats Hawkeye going to do when Green Arrow pulls out the boxing glove arrow. And Mockingbird is a skrull, wait no she’s dead, wait no she’s got secret bases, wait what?

17. TorontoFrog
    June 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm — Reply

Mockingbird and Black Canary for me!

18. Oldcomicfan
    June 29, 2011 at 7:32 am — Reply

Let’s see…. the original characters or a cheap imitation? Charmin or the half-ply budget paper they use in gas station lavatories? Tillamook cheese or the cheese-flavored plastic stuff that comes in cans? Need you even ask?

19. Grotesk
    June 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm — Reply

I know Green Arrow is supposed to be a Batman-style super-athletic non-meta, but Clint is actually an expert in tons of weapons and fighting styles and was nearly the replacement Captain America, so between them if the gadget arrows run out, I’m giving it to Clint.

As for the women, will Clint and Ollie settle into conveinient lounge chairs with beers and popcorn when Dinah and Bobbi get into a costume-tearing slow-mo wrasslin’ match? …Under an unlikely but well-placed spray of water, of course.

I think so.

—-
    Um. And as an aside, I know Hawk and Mock are Marvel rips of GA and BC, but isn’t it a bit odd that it was Clint who went deaf (from keeping a sonic arrowhead in his mouth to beat a baddie) when Ollie, if he was doing things right, should have been deaf at least by the end of the honeymoon?