Marvel sent this teaser image to promote Daredevil joining the New Avengers with issue #16.

That’s right True Believer, this September courtesy of Marvel Architects Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato, the guardian devil himself finally joins the ranks of Earth’s Mightiest

New Avengers #16 is written by Brian Michael Bendis, with art by Mike Deodato.  It arrives in September and has a $3.99 cover price.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

DC RELAUNCH: Blue Beetle and Suicide Squad

VARIANT COVER: Dark Horse offers retailer incentive for Hellboy: The Fury

1. June 10, 2011 at 8:19 am — Reply

Yet another reason to not read this book.

2. Brent
    June 10, 2011 at 11:33 am — Reply

Avenger’s membership now seems to mean the character is a movie or TV property (past, current or in development). It’s about property rights rather than storytelling, plain and simple. Spiderman, Wolverine, nor Daredevil would have been Avengers based on their historical characterizations. I’m just waiting for Reptil to get called up to the main Avengers team since he’s on Super Hero Squad.

3. Obsidian
    June 10, 2011 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Does anyone else feel like the Avengers teams are getting too crowded? Like Spider-Woman was a major player for a while and now she’s beyond tertiary… I feel like Bendis is building teams with characters he likes but then stops doing things with them. That, or he’s building teams like he’s setting up a D & D campaign.

“So, I need my tank, my healer, my thief/spy, my offensive magic user, my melee specialist, my brawler…”

4. justanothergeek
    June 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm — Reply

It’s about freakin’ time!

5. June 10, 2011 at 11:44 pm — Reply

I love daredevil, so I’m on board for this.

Interesting thing though, that image above shows the exact team I used in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

6. Rob M
    June 11, 2011 at 11:00 am — Reply

Oh good…now that DD has arrived the Avengers can finally fill that acrobatic hand-to-hand fighter slot thats been so lacking
    Is there seriously anything DD can do that Wolverine, Iron Fist or Spiderman cant do 1000 times better