DC has quietly given a couple of the larger, more cooperative comic book websites (i.e. not Bleeding Cool or Major Spoilers), a sneak peek at two more number one books set to debut during the relaunch.

Writer: Adam Glass
Artist: Marco Rudy

“Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure?

Writer: Tony Bedard
Artist: Ig Guara

It’s not easy being Jaime Reyes. He has to deal with high school, family and all the drama that comes with being a teenager. Also, he’s linked to a powerful scarab created by an alien race who seek to subjugate planets – or annihilate them. It’s up to one teen hero to turn this instrument of destruction into a force for good in BLUE BEETLE #1

I’m super pleased to see Jaime back in his own title. The last time DC had the Blue Beetle series, it was soooo good, despite the low sales.

via CBR and Newsarama

REVIEW: Annihilators #4

FEAR ITSELF: Daredevil joins the New Avengers

1. June 9, 2011 at 3:35 pm — Reply

I share your sentiments regarding Jaime, Stephen – it’s good to see there were be yet another younger character appearing after the re-launch (though I still want to know what happened to Stephanie Brown).

As for the Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn looks hot . . . but what the hell happened to Deadshot? The most frustrating thing about some of these costumes is they looked fine the way they were before. Harley Quinn and Deadshot were cool because they were simple . . . now it looks like they’ve got a bad dose of the 90’s.

• Young
      June 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm — Reply

Yeah, I’m really not feeling Harley Quinn’s costume, and Deadshot looks strange from the little bit we can see of him. I thought he was supposed to be a regular guy with really good aim, not a cyborg.

2. Jimmy
    June 9, 2011 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Just when we thought Harley Quinn couldn’t look any sluttier…

3. Matt S.
    June 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm — Reply

So I’m guessing that Harley managed to side-step that “Put Pants on the Women” edict that DC supposedly has out? Seriously, the more I see of this debacle, the more it looks like an Elseworlds story gone awry.

• June 9, 2011 at 4:39 pm — Reply

She’s evil. She probably ignored the edict.

4. Tyler Dobbs
    June 9, 2011 at 3:47 pm — Reply

No Ted Kord return? Awwwwww I am disappoint

• websnap
      June 10, 2011 at 9:39 am — Reply

I’m glad to see they aren’t ditching the few minority characters they have. I doubt Ryan Choi is coming back…

5. June 9, 2011 at 4:00 pm — Reply

I just keep getting a predominantly 90’s vibe again and again….. hmmmmmm. Interesting.

• Young
      June 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm — Reply

It might be because Jim Lee is behind a lot of the redesign…he has a nice flair for costumes, but he does date himself from time to time.

• Jimmy
        June 9, 2011 at 8:27 pm — Reply

well no one else will!

• Mike
          June 9, 2011 at 8:46 pm — Reply

6. June 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm — Reply

THIS is the announcement I’ve been waiting for – it’s great that they’re giving Jaime a much deserved shot again!

7. Ricco
    June 9, 2011 at 4:02 pm — Reply

I guess it’s official, with 2 members now in the Suicide Squad, Secret Six is gone….

• Michael
      June 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm — Reply

Is King Shark or Harley in Secret Six?

• Ricco
        June 10, 2011 at 8:17 am — Reply

King Shark

• JacinB
      June 10, 2011 at 12:28 pm — Reply

Come on, now. It would be really dumb to continue to publish one of your best, most consistent books and, if nothing else, this reboot is pure brilliant.

8. Kirby
    June 9, 2011 at 4:32 pm — Reply

Blue Beetle, definitely there. Suicide Squad, maybe, I loved the 1st trade of the original series.

9. Michael
    June 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm — Reply

Is Beetle’s costume the same? I don’t see any difference.

10. MJ March
    June 9, 2011 at 4:56 pm — Reply

I loved the original Suicide Squad, so I will at least support this one for a few issues. Deadshot looks stupid though.

11. June 9, 2011 at 4:57 pm — Reply

Glad to see Jamie back. Makes me feel some of that “commitment” stuff that has been lacking as of late. Also glad to see Harley, get some more attention away from the Joker. I just hope they don’t make her too dark.

12. TaZ
    June 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm — Reply

Yay Blue Beetle. Boo Suicide Squad.

13. Distinguished Competition
    June 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm — Reply

Ugh. Only 4 more to go, and they’ll likely be dominated by Superman family books. So we get OMAC and Resurrection Man but no Captain Marvel/Shazam! or JSA? WTF?

14. Arbor Day
    June 9, 2011 at 6:27 pm — Reply

Putting Harley on the team would be interesting if they keep her psychologist background. But what is up with the tiny cape? Everything else about her costume is clearly an Arkham Asylum adaptation.

15. Ian
    June 9, 2011 at 7:22 pm — Reply

Was really hoping they’d update Jaime’s costume. It’s way too fourth world-y for a teenage hero IMO. Would have loved to have seen him in a Kord-type costume, preferably using a handheld scarab (a la Crisis)

16. DrNobody
    June 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm — Reply

That’s awesome for Jaime!! Glad BB is back!! Kind of wondering if there is an unknown issue of Flashpoint coming out that will be after all the new number 1’s that will bring us back to a more normalized DCU with the heroes just being younger and some minor changes instead of the radical changes of both Titans and Suicide Squad…

17. K. Kortekaas
    June 9, 2011 at 8:34 pm — Reply

I swear to god they better leave Booster with his own book.

• @lantis
      June 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm — Reply

I could have sworn Booster was one of the first books announced as part of the relaunch.

18. June 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm — Reply

Ugh. I honestly can’t stand that Harley costume. Still, I was a huge fan of the Ostrander run on Suicide Squad AND the Reyes BB.

19. @lantis
    June 9, 2011 at 9:50 pm — Reply

I am not really digging Harley’s new look either. She just doesn’t look like Harley Quinn to me, doesn’t even look that close to Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn to me. Despite that I am interested in seeing her outside of the side-kick or Sirens settings.

• June 10, 2011 at 4:46 am — Reply

it is pretty close to her Arkham City look

• June 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm — Reply

But it was one thing in Arkham City. The video game didn’t have to worry about characterization, and the world of that game made EVERYONE look more “punk”. It’s another thing entirely in the comics.

20. eric
    June 9, 2011 at 10:13 pm — Reply

Harley looks like Sin from the Captain America books. Either that or Harley on crack or too much Joker Juice.

21. DMC
    June 9, 2011 at 11:11 pm — Reply

Are you high? Harley looks nothing like Sin

22. eric
    June 10, 2011 at 7:16 am — Reply

My prediction is that there is going to be an Action Comics but only Action comics which will have the Super family but there is not going to be a Superman book. There is still too much rangle around in the legal world with Superman at this point. He will come back later but we will see him in JLA and that will be it or in Action. There is not going to be a Superman book. Now that would be amazing and even incredible. I hope you guys, when the list is complete, put out the whole list again in its entirety so we can see the relaunch.

23. litanyofthieves
    June 10, 2011 at 10:13 am — Reply

Have to agree with the dislike for the Harley Quinn costume. If you’re going to put a girl in a bodice, that’s great, but at least make it look like the bodice is actually done up and not going to fall off. She must be sucking in a deep breath to hold it up there. Furthermore, Harley, THAT IS NOT HOW YOU BRANDISH A KNIFE. I do love the giant hammer, though.