DC Comics has announced the next round of number one issues, today featuring all things Batman.

And yes, Detective Comics is getting a new number one, and it doesn’t feature a racial stereotype on the cover….

Detective Comics #1
Writer/Artist: Tony Daniel

Marking the first time Batman will appear in a debut issue of Detective Comics, the series will find Bruce Wayne on the trail of a dangerous serial killer known only as the Gotham Ripper.

Batman #1
Writer: Scott Snyder
Artist: Greg Capullo

In the series, Bruce Wayne once again becomes the only character taking on the Batman name.

Batman: The Dark Knight
Writer/Artist: David Finch and Jay Fabok

A twisted adventure that pulls Bruce Wayne deep into the halls of the famed Arkham Asylum, a jail for Gotham City’s most dangerous and criminally deranged.

Batman and Robin #1
Writer: Peter Tomasi
Artis; Pat Gleason

will explore the family dynamic of the Caped Crusader as Bruce Wayne battles the Gotham underworld with the help of his son, Damian, in the role of Robin.

via The Source

PHOTO PARADE: Heroes Convention Charlotte 2011

FEAR ITSELF: The Unstoppable Colossus arrives in September

1. Johndowe
    June 6, 2011 at 11:16 am — Reply

I hate Damian

2. MJ March
    June 6, 2011 at 11:22 am — Reply

No more Batman Incorporated? :(

3. TheNewNum.2
    June 6, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

Sounds good… but where does Dick end up? returning to the role of Nightwing? What about Red Robin does it continue, or end?

• @lantis
      June 6, 2011 at 12:30 pm — Reply

They are releasing a Nightwing #1 so I assume that is where Dick will be.

4. Antonio Sanciolo
    June 6, 2011 at 12:10 pm — Reply

Once upon a time, the return to the status quo used to offer relief; now I just feel short-changed for some reason.

5. Alan
    June 6, 2011 at 12:26 pm — Reply

I’m very disappointed in this. I thought Batman Inc. was one of the most interesting ideas to hit DC in quite a while. Were the initial sales of Batman Inc. lower than expected?

6. @lantis
    June 6, 2011 at 12:32 pm — Reply

Interesting that they left Damian in there, but I am glad they are abandoning this multiple Batmen non-sense.

7. June 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm — Reply

On Batman #1, is this the Riddler with a Question Mark Mohawk ?

8. TaZ
    June 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm — Reply

I saw a pic of the front page of the Nightwing#1. There’s some debate (which I understand should be settled by an announcement sometime today) as to whether the Nightwing in the picture is Dick Grayson or if it’s Jason Todd. The costume is similar to the last Nightwing costume but with a blood-red insignia instead.

9. SpiderLover
    June 6, 2011 at 1:19 pm — Reply

I’m slightly disappointed, I wanted Dick to be Batman. Though with a reboot/relaunch I understand and get why they went with Bruce.

10. nu
    June 6, 2011 at 2:52 pm — Reply
  11. Alan
    June 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm — Reply

I am now officially appalled. Barbara Gordon is regressing back to Batgirl. Dick Grayson is regressing back to Nightwing. Tim Drake is apparently in limbo. And even through the reboot gives them the perfect excuse, they apparently are not taking advantage of the opportunity of undoing the revolting mess made out of Roy Harper’s character over the last few years. What the hell are they doing over there?

• Damascus
      June 12, 2011 at 6:04 pm — Reply

I don’t really care one way or another about Barbara Gordon, I do think she established herself as Oracle really well, but the same goes with Dick Grayson as Nightwing. I always thought that Tim Drake, although young, should have taken the cowl instead of Dick. I think Dick’s a fine Batman, but he was already his own hero with his own non-Batman/Robin designation. Unless they were going to move Tim Drake up to the new Nightwing, which I guess I could get behind.

12. Obsidian
    June 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm — Reply

If Tim Drake doesn’t wind up having his own title, I’ll be livid. Damian is fine and all but Tim’s earned his own book. He’s developed into an interesting character that still has room to grow and much to explore.

13. ExMalakite
    June 6, 2011 at 7:23 pm — Reply

I do like the feathered cape Robin is sporting though. Be cool if it had throwing knives like the Peacock in Kung Fu Panda 2.

14. Ian
    June 6, 2011 at 8:20 pm — Reply

Damian is horrible. And it looks like Batman will be older than all the other JLA’ers?

15. Oldcomicfan
    June 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm — Reply

You know, the whole “Batman Inc.” thing just left me cold. Bruce Wayne spent decades training his mind and body in order to become The Bat-Man! Now, suddenly, he opens his checkbook and finds alternate bat-men all over the place! I think the villain in “The Incredibles” said it best – “When everybody is Super, then Nobody is!”

16. eric
    June 6, 2011 at 9:11 pm — Reply

Looks like the Tim Drake story line is not going to ever have happened. Sad cause I liked how he came about.

• Obsidian
      June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm — Reply

Wow… just… wow. That’s a real disappointment.

On a separate note, I really hope the trunks are gone… forever.

17. eric
    June 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm — Reply

I am just going to go to trades on everything. This is getting to be too much for me.

18. DMC
    June 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm — Reply

IMO it seems kind of obvious that Tim Drake will be in Teen Titans…..or maybe they’ll just do a Young Justice book instead

19. Robalobadingdong
    June 7, 2011 at 6:34 am — Reply

This would be a great time to start Legends of the Dark Knight with a new #1, right?

20. Ashen
    June 7, 2011 at 8:54 am — Reply

Why can’t they leave Detective Comics numbering alone? Of course why get upset, this will be a newly numbered series for awhile and then revert back to old numbering at 900. Still wish they would leave the numbering alone.

21. Damascus
    June 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm — Reply

Can someone please answer two questions for me? (three if you count me asking if you’d answer the other two) Firstly, I thought that Bruce Wayne died in the alley and that Batman now was actually Thomas Wayne. Is this not the case? Every solicit up above lists Batman as Bruce. This leads to question #2, if that’s the case, that Bruce is dead, how is Damien even alive? If Bruce never knocked up Talia, how was Damian sired and come to be part of the Bat-family?