DC Comics posted a message on The Source to reassure everyone that Batman, Incorporated would indeed return following the relaunch of the superhero line.  However, the current book will wrap with issue #10.

“Batman, Incorporated will continue through to Issue #10 and August’s shocking season finale that changes the Batman status quo yet again. The series will take a brief hiatus while I work on a major new project to be announced shortly. Batman, Incorporated returns next year with me, Chris Burnham and Batman: Leviathan, the epic 12 part conclusion to my 6 year Batman saga. Don’t miss it!” – Grant Morrison

Batman, Inc. will return in 2012 with a new number one, according to DC.

via The Source

DC RELAUNCH: Batwing survives Batman, Inc.

SNEAK PEEK: Dynamite Entertainment for June 08, 2011

1. TaZ
    June 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm — Reply

We should all hold DC to that. No more “Morrison delays” after the relaunch.

2. JacinB
    June 6, 2011 at 6:07 pm — Reply

Honestly, I’m disappointed with the idea of the reboot and the revisions already previewed to the Bat-centric portion of the universe that I’m sort of on the fence as to whether or not to even continue with this story after the reboot.

They’re un-doing so much logical character progression (Dick becoming Batman, Barbara becoming Oracle, etc.) that I’m not sure I really even care to read these ‘everything old is new again’ tales and this one in particular really doesn’t seem to fit with the direction the rest of the universe appears to be going.

3. Allen
    June 6, 2011 at 8:39 pm — Reply

No Tim Drake anywhere. Another Robin eliminated?

4. eric
    June 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm — Reply

What is the point of even buying single issues anymore if this is the case. I think I am going to change all of mine to trade paperbacks and just say forget it. I will wait for them.

• ray
      June 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm — Reply

I agree. I really was invested in these story lines.

5. @lantis
    June 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm — Reply

This is disappointing. I was hoping that the reboot meant they’d erase this absurd notion of “Batman+Ethnicity=Original Character” non-sense. Oh well, we’ll have to see exactly how this relaunch is going to work before passing judgment on this.

I am a little confused at how they plan on making this a relaunch “to tell new stories” if they are letting something like this persist into the revised universe.

• Ian
      June 7, 2011 at 12:04 am — Reply

I agree. The reason why continuity was so screwed up for some characters after the original Crisis was that some characters started over while others didn’t. Obviously we don’t know DC’s plan but it looks like they might be having the same problem again here.

• MarkW
        June 7, 2011 at 10:19 am — Reply

At least they’re all starting over at the same time. Not every character is changing that much, but they’re presenting it as a line wide relaunch, which is what they never did after Crisis.

And the changes seem to be more driven from the top, rather than just handing characters to guys like Miller and Bryne and letting them reboot one franchise at a time.

It will probably end up being a cluster**** again, but I do give them props for at least trying to have an organized plan this time.

6. Ashen
    June 7, 2011 at 9:00 am — Reply

Personally did not care for Batman Inc at all nor Morrison’s run on the Batman books. His stories are so convoluted I always felt like I was walking into the middle of a movie. Why does every story arc have to “change the status quo?” This gimmick is tired and played out.

7. Somebody Had To Ask
    June 7, 2011 at 10:56 am — Reply

A bit off the topic, but I have two questions based on this artwork:

1) I’m not following Batman, Inc., so I am in the dark as to why, after the business with OMACs and Brother Eye during the Final Crisis, would Batman use these proto-“Kingdom Come” robots. Is that explained?

2) Am I the only one who thinks Batman needs the dark outer trunks? It looks like he jumped out of plane to deliver a loaf bread.

• chillidawg72
      June 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm — Reply

Yeah, the bat-junk is a little much.