Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: Our 100th episode, and the crew is still stuck in the basement.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_100.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #308: Don't Call It A Reboot

SNEAK PEEK: Uncanny X-Men #539

1. Emerald Zeus
    June 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm — Reply

The sword reminds me of Portal 2’s space core, and will defiantly become a recurring joke

• XantharTheFlame
      June 6, 2011 at 10:31 am — Reply

:-) I think you meant “definitely”, not “defiantly”, but what you wrote is ironically funny.

• Rose Spinoza
      June 17, 2011 at 8:28 am — Reply

“Oh, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, KillYourFriends. ”

Hee hee, yeah, I loved that sword.

2. Mr. Penguin
    June 4, 2011 at 7:47 pm — Reply

More shadows then he should? Is Rodrigo using the Vashta Nerada now?

• litanyofthieves
      June 6, 2011 at 8:58 pm — Reply

Waitaminit… lost repository of knowledge with a crazy artifact… the crew of a ship, looking for said artifact… some bad shit unexpectedly happens… and QRD is an incredibly old person who reincarnates/regenerates, has knowledge of things that are vastly ancient… AND carries a SONIC tool…

RODRIGO, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

• Lizzie
        June 7, 2011 at 9:46 am — Reply

Nice to know I wasn’t the only one that thought of doctor who when I heard Randus had two shadows.

• Damascus
          June 12, 2011 at 5:21 am — Reply

Nope it hit me too. Granted I couldn’t remember Vashta Nerada, but I loved that episode. It was a very charming and chilling episode with a great Badass Doctor moment in it and I still feel bad for Donna not seeing her “husband” before she left. But yeah, I definitely thought the same thing too.

3. Beren1
    June 4, 2011 at 11:12 pm — Reply

You guys were on fire this recording session. Really good last few episodes.

4. June 5, 2011 at 12:20 am — Reply

Gtz on th 100.
    The Brentzen, Gla, Randus and Orem episodes are fan-tas-tic.
    Have just been listening to the whole series one-more-time, and the Moonhole episodes was really lightning in a bottle. But with Rob playing his first funny character on air and Matthew reborn with the Mighty Sir Brentzen The Bold (insert Matthew voice) the show has reached a new high.
    Thx to all of you – still my number 1 podcast.

5. Shouri Elemente
    June 5, 2011 at 12:35 am — Reply

I’m pretty sure it was just for “Dramatic effect” but damn, either those statues were made out of paper, or Brenzen has a seriously high str score ^.^

• June 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm — Reply

his strength score is almost 20 which is about where the peak of human strength. Also he has a magic sword.

6. Marco Selmo
    June 5, 2011 at 4:06 am — Reply

Brian: “Oh hey, look at that!”. I laught so hard every time :D. Great Episode, i love how Orem threats his students :). Can’t wait to see what will Rob bring to the table as DM. You guys are always the best.

• XantharTheFlame
      June 6, 2011 at 10:35 am — Reply

I love Rodrigo’s DM’ing, but I totally get the need for a break as a former DM myself. Looking forward to Rob’s creative juices (get your mind out of the gutter there, you!). Although I wonder if this might be a good chance to get Stephen back into the big chair? It would bring the podcast a little bit back to its roots in the educational aspect, teaching people how to DM a game, and he did a pretty good job his first time out!

Stephen for DM!! Rob for Vice-DM!! Woot!

• Damascus
        June 12, 2011 at 5:24 am — Reply

I just want to see Rodrigo as a player, and wouldn’t this be the perfect time to have Alex step in to DM so all the rest of the guys could keep playing? I mean Alex is already always there too and maybe Aldo will make him a figure for his little Halfling Druid too. lol

• June 12, 2011 at 11:28 am — Reply

Alex is not always present when we record…

• June 12, 2011 at 8:44 pm — Reply

I suppose it depends on how many players you’re prepared to handle. Given the challenges of this type of recording, I doubt you’ll see more than four players at a time, for reasons both technical and role-play related. Another voice might have us stepping all over one another…

• Damascus
            June 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm — Reply

I guess that’s true. I hadn’t really thought much about it going from 4 to 5 players. It’s all about what works for you guys and your dynamic. It’s gonna be great any way you run it.

7. litanyofthieves
    June 6, 2011 at 8:20 pm — Reply

Am I the only one who imagined that this entire exchange, Randus kept smoothing his hair back and trying to act “Cool”? Or is that just me as a Queen’s Rebellious Daughter-Randus Shipper?

What would be their Ship name? Qrandus? Queendus? Randaughter? Rebellidus?

• Damascus
      June 12, 2011 at 5:25 am — Reply

The Queen’s Randy Daughter?

8. Billy
    October 13, 2011 at 5:28 am — Reply

Funny episode. Good stuff!

9. April 9, 2014 at 6:26 pm — Reply

I know this is super old, but I just listened to this episode and I had to comment on Rodrigo’s explanation of the Handy Haversack: “Inside that opening, it’s Wednesday.”

Brilliant!