Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: Following another night of sleeping, things get strange, and interesting.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_99.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #306: Epic Comic Events

RETRO REVIEW: Haunt Of Fear #19 (May/June 1953)

1. May 28, 2011 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Ghost Face Killah. Heh…

• GeorgeDubya
      May 28, 2011 at 12:52 pm — Reply

I loved that reference because it works on multiple levels (there’s a prestige class in 3.5 edition D&D called the Ghost-face Killer).

2. Jackie
    May 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm — Reply

awesome episode guys I miss DnD :( I really like how Lolth was represented!!!

3. Ron
    May 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm — Reply

Actually this was your 100th episode. Episode 85, “The Long Good-bye” was posted twice, an original version and the ‘fixed’ version. Congratulations!!

• May 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm — Reply

well if you’re counting that then this is probably episode 86 on account of the great crash

• May 28, 2011 at 5:51 pm — Reply

Repeats don’t count – especially if it is a corrected version. Also, we never lost an episode of CH or MSP in the iTunes or RSS feed, only on the site :D

• May 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm — Reply

Hundredth post is not the same as hundredth episode… By that logic, you’ll claim MSP #300 wasn’t #300. :)

• Ron
        May 29, 2011 at 8:48 am — Reply

OMG!! I hadn’t thought of that – you guys are living a lie!!

Counting can be complicated. Repeats don’t count. Posts don’t count. Should the first 2 or 3 episodes which were really MSP episodes be counted? How about a compromise that the next episode is “approximately” “By some measures” the 100th episode?

As Rob says “Math is hard!”

• May 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm — Reply

I would declare next episode episode 100, than I would rename the podcast and start over at episode 1 again (maybe a 0.5 episode between those two) and after some episodes you should return to Major spoilers 125 or so.

• TheNewNum.2
            May 31, 2011 at 4:59 pm — Reply

No, you need a nice zero issue first so that the new kids can get on board before the new episode number one. That will confuse things nicely.

4. SpiderLover
    May 28, 2011 at 6:59 pm — Reply

Superb, while comics disappoint me the MSP and CH team never do.

5. XantharTheFlame
    May 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm — Reply

Okay, maybe I missed it in the last 3 or 4 episodes, but I don’t remember the heroes “roughing up” Lolth’s seneschal at all. Can someone please clarify that comment for me?

Thanks!

• LemmyCaution
      May 29, 2011 at 9:16 pm — Reply

It was in this episode when they were tripping through time, right after they got whisked down to breakfast and right before they skipped over to the fungi garden. The part where Ket got Tork to grab Lolth’s minion who was guiding them through a passage.

• Carolus Magnus Citrouille
      May 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm — Reply

@XantharTheFlame I believe Ket asked his “muscle” to throw the seneschal up against a wall when he realized they were possibly dreaming in a dream, in a dream.

Rodrigo- As always, you bring exceptional personality to the various NPCs. Your depiction of Lolth was outstanding.

6. David B
    May 31, 2011 at 1:32 pm — Reply

Now I’m worried that the season will end with them waking up, and it’s Newhart… :)

7. Carter
    May 31, 2011 at 4:45 pm — Reply

The roughing up incident was also interesting because the memo from Bal Belbina specifically warns the party not to let Lolth’s minons goad them into doing something they will regret later. Of course Kett was mysteriously missing when they reviewed it before leaving the ship.

8. Jackie
    May 31, 2011 at 7:28 pm — Reply

Actually I have a question and I know Rob has answered it before and I can’t find which episode it is in but: I recently move away from my gaming group what was the website for finding a new group? Also does it do international :)

9. Big Dave
    June 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm — Reply

During the question and answer portion, Steven mentioned that he was not allowed to mention a specific game. What did he mean? It was when he was clarifying the first question.

• June 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm — Reply

Since it has been several months since that episode is recorded, I can’t say I recall what I was referring to, unless you give me some more information about the context, etc.

• June 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm — Reply

Actually, if I was reading a reader e-mail, then the game in question was asked to be ommitted from the discussion by the person sending the email for fear his game mates would hear this episode and be offended/angered/upset/whathaveyou if they knew their DM wrote in to complain.

10. Billy
    October 10, 2011 at 2:40 am — Reply

Thankfully for the party, this campaign is a podcast. Otherwise, Torq’s smart-axe comment, “Oh, and what does ‘expediently’ mean?” to Lolth would likely have prompted a party butt-whoopin’ by a no-nonsense demon queen, thus rendering the gang to fight their way out of the demonweb. In other words: TPK.

Ket still needs much much more practice representing the party in diplomacy. How come he hesitates like 10 minutes after each question? Is there something else going on that we can’t see?

• October 10, 2011 at 6:56 am — Reply

Well, I have a theory on that…

Ket may be best suited among the party for the diplomatic role, but that doesn’t make him comfortable with the role.