Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: Following a rough night of sleep, the diplomatic envoy is in for another surprise.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_98.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the move by move images for this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

MSP#300: 300th Episode Spectacular

VIDEO: Pick your Apocalypse

1. Brian
    May 21, 2011 at 4:26 pm — Reply

Best solicitation ever.

2. Lin
    May 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm — Reply

Very annoying adplug. Not the cause: the length, placement, and tangenting speech.

• Lin
      May 21, 2011 at 4:38 pm — Reply

By the colon, I mean to say that the cause supported was not annoying, the other items mentioned were.

• Lin
        May 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm — Reply

I should’ve just used a comma.

3. Ron
    May 21, 2011 at 5:27 pm — Reply

Irritating promo

4. Mathias Jost
    May 21, 2011 at 6:05 pm — Reply

I want to start a recurring donation, but sadly paypal won’t let me do that unless I add a credit card :-(

5. Sam
    May 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm — Reply

The episode sounds truncated around 12:01. Is the ad being played over part of the podcast?

• May 22, 2011 at 9:52 am — Reply

Nope.

• May 28, 2011 at 9:24 am — Reply

There are many portions of the recording that are edited, if you know where to listen. Most of it is nothing but setup, with the occasional senseless side conversation edited out, as well as nearly every instance where Rob and I bond over Justin Beiber.

• Ron
        May 28, 2011 at 1:51 pm — Reply

I would definitely pay for a podcast of Rob and Matthew crushing on Justin Beiber.

• Sam
          June 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm — Reply

The mere thought of Rob and Matthew bonding openly in any way seems alien to me……

6. Brian
    May 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm — Reply

98 hours of podcasts and only one ad? Keep em coming. Please have Matthew put out his official “reference count” for the ad. I GOTTA know how many were crammed in there.

7. Ricco
    May 22, 2011 at 11:18 am — Reply

Evil Rodrigo is evil, great episode love the ad from the 300th podcast, always makes me laugh.

8. Brian
    May 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Would be nice to have a picture (labeled) of all the characters, so we get a better idea of what we’re looking at.

9. Daniel
    May 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm — Reply

Great episode, and I can’t wait to hear more of them (I particularly can’t wait to find out what significance these dreams have). It was before this episode came out, but I started a monthly donation. There are other D&D podcasts out there that aren’t half as funny or interesting as Critical Hit. I sincerely think CH is right up there with the Penny Arcade D&D podcasts.

10. Sam L.
    May 23, 2011 at 10:36 pm — Reply

Love the podcast. However, the ad in the middle of everything was annoying, funny but very annoying. I think I liked evil Smith more than the original Smith.

11. Shouri Elemente
    May 24, 2011 at 8:06 pm — Reply

So what’s next, Evil Dream Orrem’s college Professor? or maybe the professor from Shalai that he met?

• Shouri Elemente
      May 24, 2011 at 8:21 pm — Reply

or maybe….Evil dream Thoney!

12. Declan Aylward
    May 25, 2011 at 6:25 am — Reply

Love the ad promo! Bit long but hilarious.

13. Von Bosko
    May 28, 2011 at 5:09 am — Reply

I love Critical Hit, I really do. I enjoy everything about it. Aside from this ad that was placed right in the middle of the episode.

If you want to promote the subscription thing, I would say keep it towards the beginning of the show. Make it the first thing we hear, don’t interrupt the Podcast and stop it dead with a 5-6 minuet long PSA. Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Let us know that you are looking for donations, that you can donate here, what you can donate, and what you promise to do with those donations.

Also, adding in a possible premium version of Critical Hit that is ad free would possibly get a decent buyin.

14. XantharTheFlame
    May 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm — Reply

Just want to echo the general consensus: Love the podcast, really don’t mind the advertising, but really did NOT like having it interrupt the episode. Please just keep them at the beginning or the end. This ad was actually quite humorous and I did enjoy listening to it, but I wished it hadn’t just started out of nowhere.

Thanks!

15. XantharTheFlame
    May 29, 2011 at 12:45 pm — Reply

I just heard the point where they discuss the type of voice this NPC has (the handsome man). I totally cracked up at Rodrigo’s voicing of the Neverwinter Nights brash male (I think)!! Woot!

• June 1, 2011 at 10:30 pm — Reply

yup, good catch

• June 24, 2011 at 6:35 pm — Reply

Ohhh, there’s the other person who caught the NWN voice joke.

Also, Rob’s “Handle in the butt doesn’t feel good” followed by Rodrigo’s “…good to… know?” was pure comedy gold.

16. Lawrence
    July 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm — Reply

Just finished this episode. It was good. I take it the Duergar and prisoner are Albrect and 7OW, respectively. The photos made no sense until I came to this conclusion. What are the corner markers denoting? Also, where are they from, I may want some of my own.