I can not believe that the networks have passed on the television adaptation of Locke & Key.  The early word on the un-aired (and never to be seen) pilot was very good, but apparently someone higher up decided to give the series a pass, and that is really bad.  With Smallville going off the air, Locke & Key could have swooped in to grab the audience with an awesome series.

It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Fox passed on this series… that network hasn’t listened to fan for years.  This kind of news makes it easier and easier for me to give up on cable all together.

via Deadline

TALK BACK: Flashpoint #1

REVIEW: Deadpool Annual #1

1. Russ Catt
    May 11, 2011 at 11:10 am — Reply

I agree. This is definitely unfortunate news.
    Since Fox passed on the series, can the creators shop the pilot around to other networks?
    Locke and Key could easily fit in with an AMC or an HBO, in my opinion.

2. Ricco
    May 11, 2011 at 11:52 am — Reply

Fox has cancelled pretty much every series I ever liked so not too much of a shock there, is it wrong that for a second I thought this was about the WW show and read the title as sarcastic?

Fox either kills it in the egg or lets it run untill it’s spoiled rotten, no middle ground.

3. May 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm — Reply

Wait, I thought this was going on FX, on cable, not broadcast-Fox. Either way, it’s a bummer, but I’m just confused as to which had optioned it.

4. May 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm — Reply

Awww, that’s kinda sad. I’ve always thought that this comic in particular would make a perfect fit for tv.
    Fox: killing cool stuff since the Brisco County Jr. days. :(

5. May 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm — Reply

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans of the book. This sucks. I won’t be missing it, as I’m no fan of the book. But I understand what it’s like to have something you love cancelled. So chin up. You still have the comics (and the hopes for a movie?).

6. TaZ
    May 11, 2011 at 5:54 pm — Reply

Could care less for Fox now that Family Guy and Futurama are syndicated. Thank heaven for Direct TV.

7. Froham
    May 11, 2011 at 6:45 pm — Reply

That kid does not look like Bode Locke at all.

8. brenton8090
    May 12, 2011 at 6:07 am — Reply

FOX’s new Ad Slogan:
    FOX: Remember when we were edgy? Like, in the 90’s? When the Simpson’s was good?

In my head, FOX is only a slight step up from the CW and a slight step down from CBS.

9. Justin Wawrzonek
    May 12, 2011 at 8:24 am — Reply

I haz a sad :(

10. Erik Waddell
    May 12, 2011 at 8:34 am — Reply

That’s some pretty crummy news. My wife and I are both big fans of the book. I’ll never understand how Fox can pass over something as creative as this, and yet keep making tired Family Guy and American Dad episodes.

11. Erik Waddell
    May 12, 2011 at 8:42 am — Reply

At least there is this small light of hope:

“Reports earlier this month suggested “Locke” might have played better as a one-shot movie, which gave credence to a Deadline.com report, quickly retracted, that the network might attempt to turn the show into an event miniseries. Twentieth Century Fox Television, which produced the “Locke” pilot, will likely try to shop the series to another network.”

via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11132/1145859-67.stm