This week, we get back into the ring and send two metal men into battle – representing DC Comics is John Henry Irons – STEEL! And representing Marvel, Tony Stark a.k.a. IRON MAN!

Two enter, one leave, it’s a battle of the iron (and steel) clad titans!

FIGHT! Who will walk away the champion?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

MOVIE: Last Days of American Crime getting film treatment

Big Apple Con '11: Schedule for NY convention announced

1. Russ Catt
    May 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm — Reply

I vote for John Henry Irons.
    While Iron Man’s armor has a definite edge in power and utility, it suffers from the Operator’s ego and hubris.
    I believe that Steel’s down-to-earth brand of genius would prove the edge in this battle.

2. Ricco
    May 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm — Reply

It depends on where the battle takes place, I believe Steel would win if the fight takes place in his armory, on any other turf thou I have to give it to post-Extremis Iron Man.

Now if were are talking about pre-Extremis Iron Man it would depend on back-up, namely if Tony has access to his plot-device size armor gallery, you know the one with the Hulk buster and such… If he doesn’t I give the win to Steel.

3. TorontoFrog
    May 10, 2011 at 2:08 pm — Reply

I voted for Iron Man… mainly for the badass factor!

4. May 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm — Reply

Gotta give it to Tony. He’s just a better character, even if he can be a drunk a-hole.

5. TaZ
    May 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm — Reply

John Henry Irons is another example of DC having a really good basis for a character and then doing nothing much with it.

6. May 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm — Reply

Robert Downey Jr. beats Shaq any day of the week. YEah, I know what the names on the poll are, but let’s be real. This is the way the “normal” people will see this anyways. ;p

7. brenton8090
    May 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm — Reply

Iron Man’s a little more hardcore. Steel’s a bit whiny. But this would be the best fight to watch!

8. Justin Wawrzonek
    May 10, 2011 at 3:34 pm — Reply

This would be a great fight, but I’d have to give it to Iron Man. He just has many more tricks up his sleeve than Steel does. Plus Shaq as steel leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

9. diagnull
    May 10, 2011 at 3:36 pm — Reply

I don’t know Steel, but I’m assuming he’s not as big a douchebag as Tony. Therefore, he probably will lose to the douche.

10. Hardman
    May 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm — Reply

This isn’t even fair. Iron Man’s gear is light years more advanced than Steel’s. Unless Superman comes in to help him out, I don’t see how Steel could beat him. He just isn’t prepared.

11. Crs
    May 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm — Reply

I’m more of an Iron Man fan, but in this case, I would have to go with the guy who has a huge friggin hammer. Also, that’s a pretty bad picture of Iron Man.

12. Antonio Sanciolo
    May 11, 2011 at 2:13 am — Reply

I think the real question here is which song is better?
    “I Am Iron Man” as performed by Black Sabbath
    or “Ballad of John Henry” as performed by many though I prefer Johnny Cash’s rendition.

The Ballad of John Henry moves me every time!

13. Dan Hunter
    May 11, 2011 at 2:32 am — Reply

Downey Jnr + Black Sabbath = Win!

14. May 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm — Reply

I very reluctantly picked Steel. Don’t get me wrong – as for as characters goes, I’d take Tony Stark over John Henry any day.

But the Steel armor was built to protect Metropolis and go toe-to-toe with Superman’s enemies after “The Death of Superman”. Iron Man has gone up against some heavy-hitters in his day too, but I don’t think any of them are necessarily Superman-level.