If you were wondering how the studios were going to deal with Dr. Curt Connors transformation to The Lizard in The Amazing Spider-Man, take the jump to see pics directly from the set.

Okay… so instead of a lizard, it looks like Connors is turning into a giant green sock…puppet…Wow.  They really aren’t putting much effort into this.

All kidding aside, the greenscreen cloth will key out in post, to be replaced with some kind of deformity as the transformation begins.  The Amazing Spider-Man arrives July 3, 2012 and stars Emma Stone, Dennis Leary, Campbell Scott, Rhys Ifans, and Sally Field.

via J. Anthony Hall

SNEAK PEEK: B&V Friends Double Digest #214

TELEVISION: Charles S. Dutton cast in Powers

1. Navarre
    May 9, 2011 at 9:21 am — Reply

heh “Green sock puppet”. You make me laugh.

I can never quite decide what I think of Emma Stone, especially as Gwen Stacy.

2. May 9, 2011 at 10:07 am — Reply

If I remember right, Curt Connors was missing an arm – hence the reason he started experimenting on himself in the first place. I imagine that’s why the green sock puppet is in place – to cut out his hand in post-production.

• JacinB
      May 9, 2011 at 11:59 am — Reply

That’s what I was thinking, too.

Notice how stiffly he’s holding that arm? This is likely not a ‘transformation’ shot but, rather, a way to make it easier for the post-production people to edit out the arm he’s supposed to be missing.

3. Joe
    May 9, 2011 at 10:10 am — Reply

I’m excited to see where this movie goes. Hopefully the cast do great, and we have another solid movie on our hands.

4. Dboy Mugg
    May 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm — Reply

As we get closer to this, I seem to be getting more excited. I kind of dismissed it immediately after announcement (probably still sore from Spiderman3), but the cast has sparked more than interest. I must be stupid, but I just realized Andrew Garfield was in Social Network about 4 minutes ago. I never put 2 and 2 together until seeing that above pic. I really enjoyed his performance in that film and hope he’ll deliver on this one. Plus…Emma Stone is super hot to me (red or blonde!) and I will definitely enjoy watching her on screen as Gwen… much more than I did Kirsten Dunst’s MJ.

5. May 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm — Reply

Yeah, on the subject of Stone, I have to admit that, while I still think she would have made a knockout MJ, she really does look like Gwen Stacey in these picture. Garfield was good in Social Network, but Emma Stone is so far by my only really big reason for wanting to see this film.

6. kunderemp
    May 10, 2011 at 2:08 am — Reply

Why can’t the actor just hide one of his arm?

7. Navarre
    May 10, 2011 at 8:04 am — Reply

I was really impressed with Emma in “Easy A”. She is a good actor and I think she will do well.

Though she doesn’t exactly look nor sound demure, she has an approachable quality that I think will translate well as Gwen.

And I agree, she’s hot. I like her better as a redhead though.

But guys that enjoy a girl with nice feet love her. She’s got some perfection going on. Just saying.

So, any way I look at it so far, this looks like a promising endeavor that may wipe the trauma of Spider-Man 3 from memory.

8. Ian
    May 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm — Reply

That kid they have playing Peter Parker looks like a major douchebag. Doesn’t he own a brush or a comb? The casting is just too emo/glam to me.