This August, Fear Itself hits the New Mutants, and Marvel released this teaser image to get you chatting it up all across the Intardwebz.

As the rest of the X-Men band together to defend San Francisco from The Worthy’s unstoppable rampage, the New Mutants are going to find themselves pulled out of their home turf and into a conflict far beyond the scale of anything ever encountered.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: BOOM! Studios for May 11, 2011

SNEAK PEEK: Jughead Double Digest #170

1. Navarre
    May 9, 2011 at 4:20 pm — Reply

I haven’t bought any comics for a while but The New Mutants are still my favorite Marvel team.

Is this the quality of the art now? It looks like the old Demon Bear Saga stuff.

2. aerspyder
    May 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm — Reply

I haven’t read any fear itself stuff yet but man I have loved all the teaser images for it and this one is no different.

3. Some Dude
    May 9, 2011 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Whos the cartoon tron viking in the back there?

4. May 9, 2011 at 11:05 pm — Reply

That’s Warlock. A technocratic being that is considered a mutant in his race.

5. Adam M
    May 10, 2011 at 3:15 am — Reply

“far beyond the scale of anything ever encountered.”

I respond to this in my best Comic Boy Guy voice:
    Oh really? Didn’t this exact team of New Mutants fight the Beyonder?
    Worst. Description. Ever.

6. TaZ
    May 10, 2011 at 1:10 pm — Reply

That art would look good for Hellboy. For the New Mutants? Bleah.

7. Russ Catt
    May 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm — Reply

Haven’t the New Mutants already defended Asgard twice already?
    How much more “Beyond the Scale” can it possibly be?
    Colour me Skeptical.