The official trailer for Conan the Barbarian has arrived, and if you look past all the gimmicky edits, the story looks like it could be full of adrenaline pumping action.

Conan is a young Cimmerian man cast adrift in the world by the brutal murder of his father and the destruction of his village. Driven by the need to avenge himself upon the evil Khalar Zym, Conan learns to steal, seduce, and fight his way to his goals. He soon discovers, however, that there are greater things at stake than his own personal quest: an unearthly malevolence stalks the world, and it may be up to Conan himself to save Hyboria from ruin.

via Yahoo!

SNEAK PEEK: Archie and Friends #155

The Phantom gets hardcover trade from Hermes Press

1. Gibralter
    May 5, 2011 at 9:46 am — Reply

Ohhhhhhhh Yeah Baby!

2. Russ Catt
    May 5, 2011 at 11:57 am — Reply

The trailer itself looks very good.

I have a small problem with Conan’s Raison D’Etre though.

In my opinion, the original Robert E. Howard Conan stories were more about inserting Conan (as more a Force of Nature) into a situation and seeing how many heads get chopped off in the resolution.

Placing a moral or ethical framework in an innately amoral character might make a storyline flow a little better, but it might reduce the overall appeal.

All in all, the trailer has guaranteed that I will spend money on the finished product. Good job.

3. Ced
    May 5, 2011 at 11:57 am — Reply

Ok this is confirmed for me: I am now a hater :(
    Nothing work for me in this trailer.

4. Matthew
    May 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm — Reply

looks to have more action than the ahnuld movie. im looking forward to it. the guy who is playing conan is so far doing a great job on game of thrones.. but his role has consisted of fucking the targaryen chick. I don’t expect much from this film but i hope i come out feeling it was at least more faithful to the books then the previous movies.

5. May 5, 2011 at 3:12 pm — Reply

i think to make this movie work, they really need to up the gore. otherwise its just another action flick. or at least that is what the trailer implied.

… oh and please no heavy metal in the soundtrack.

6. Mike Keller
    May 6, 2011 at 12:04 pm — Reply

I definitely will be seeing this. although I haven’t seen game of thrones, I have seen Stargate Atlantis, and was pretty impressed with Jason Momoa as Ronon.
    My worst fear is when the McFarlane/Sideshow/Diamond/whomever figs hit the “Me Want” page, how broke will I be buying them all? :nD

7. Dave Waller
    May 6, 2011 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Looks good but the trailer married with the rock music kind of reminds me of Kull from the late 90’s. I’m probably one of the few people who enjoyed Kevin Sorbo as Kull but I do hope this movie has more in common with the ’82 Conan movie than the late 90’s Kull movie.

8. Generik
    May 9, 2011 at 1:28 pm — Reply

Looks pretty badass to me! I think Jason Momoa will make a great Conan. Can’t wait for this one.