May 4th is considered the official International Star Wars Holiday, and with the recent news that has been announced regarding the Star Wars Blu-ray edition (arriving in September 2011), we wonder how many of you will rush out to buy The Complete Saga ($139.99) for your collection… again…

Will you buy the Complete Star Wars Collection on Blu-Ray when it arrives?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Image Comics for May 04, 2011 (part 2)

SNEAK PEEK: Captain America #1

1. litanyofthieves
    May 3, 2011 at 10:34 am — Reply

I don’t currently own these movies because pretty much everyone else I know has some iteration of them, but I’ll probably end up purchasing them once they’re out on Blu Ray.

2. May 3, 2011 at 10:36 am — Reply

I have had it on VHS(the ONLY trilogy), and DVD. Why would I want the same thing with a “better picutre”? Hi-Def doesn’t mean a better movie. Same goes for 3-D. There will be those that can’t have enough Star Wars. I am not one of them.

3. Rob
    May 3, 2011 at 10:51 am — Reply

I won’t be buying any of them on Blu-Ray. I already own then on DVD, and I have the special edition DVDs that have the original and remade versions (Han will always shoot 1st in my world). my up-scaling DVD player does a good enough job for me, so I will be keeping my money in round. If i didn’t have the DVDs already i would consider it. Much like the Lord of the Rings set i will be keeping my fancy DVDs over the Blu-rays. if they offered an upgrade price i might consider it but we all know that will never happen.

4. Kirby
    May 3, 2011 at 11:05 am — Reply

Haven’t bought any of the movies yet, and the prospect of seeing Harrison Ford’s scar more clearly isn’t going to get me to buy them now.

5. Russ Catt
    May 3, 2011 at 11:07 am — Reply

To a certain extent, I am in favour of re-releasing a movie/tv set periodically on new media.
    In this particular case, I have two major problems:
    1. The iteration cycle between DVD and Blu-Ray is much shorter in comparison to VHS and DVD. It feels too soon.
    2. The Star Wars franchise has put out its own iterations inside of the same format. I think this will create some serious consumer fatigue and will impact sales.
    I think the next time I buy this trilogy will be on the “Ultra-Def Holoprojection” format :)

6. Landle
    May 3, 2011 at 11:25 am — Reply

Maybe if it was Star Trek…

7. brenton8090
    May 3, 2011 at 12:48 pm — Reply

I’m passing on Blu-Ray all together. I think it’s going to be a short lived media, as we make the jump to purely digital content. I would lve to be digital copies of the movies in 1080p, though. So where’s my digital buying option?

Also, is it a new cut of the movie? Cause I would love to see the effects from the special edition without the re-editing of “Greedo shot first” and “Force Ghost Haydyn Christensen” Can we do that?

8. TorontoFrog
    May 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I voted yes. Even with the infamous Episode 1. However, I will buy them with less enthousiasm than Hell yes!, but because im a dumbass idiot and a completion freak.

George Lucas, I hate you. I hate you so much! :)

9. Matthew
    May 3, 2011 at 1:28 pm — Reply

im skipping it and waiting for the rerelease with the added 3D

10. Brian
    May 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm — Reply

I had to pick ‘I don’t have a Blu-ray Player’ because it’s the most correct choice for me. I have the original trilogy on DVD, and didn’t have a HDTV until recently. I don’t care to own the other three.

11. Ricco
    May 3, 2011 at 3:31 pm — Reply

The words “from my cold dead hands” comes to mind… He’s not getting a cent from me. I don’t have blu-ray and I only care for original release, with no added “bonus”, episodes IV-V-VI everything else never happened!

12. ClubberLang6
    May 3, 2011 at 4:39 pm — Reply

I am going to wait until the invention of smellavision. Then I will be able to determine if a tauntaun smells worse on the inside.

13. SpiderLover
    May 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm — Reply

I have it on DVD, and until I lose them or they get scratched; no thanks.

14. yendor187
    May 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm — Reply

just wait for the 3d blu ray

15. Robalobadingdong
    May 4, 2011 at 7:22 pm — Reply

I already have the original trilogy on VHS before he messed with them, and I feel no need to upgrade from them.