REVIEW: Thunderstrike #5 (of 5)

TALK BACK: Day of the Moon

1. Elise
    May 1, 2011 at 1:08 am — Reply

I like this one. He looks pretty good in the suit here for some reason. This is encouraging.

2. Inq007
    May 1, 2011 at 3:20 am — Reply

I do not like the look. They all look really weird. Its looks very GFX in a bad way.

3. Antonio Sanciolo
    May 1, 2011 at 7:18 am — Reply

very concerned about who is signing off on this artwork!!!
    look at where Ryan Reynolds’ neck meets the collar of his “uniform”; it just looks pasted on.
    And Kilowog’s corkscrew arm? Is this crap for real?!

4. eric
    May 1, 2011 at 8:18 am — Reply

I never thought of OA as being this dark.

5. May 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm — Reply

Wow! This is bad. I second Ryan’s neck, and the cork screw Kilowog arm. Sinestro looks okay, but this CGI stuff has never really appealed to me. I think I will be passing on GL, wait for Netflix, or ZUNE to have it. Not even buy it to keep. My Spider-sense is tingiling!

6. May 1, 2011 at 8:55 pm — Reply

Is that Stel on the right? ‘Cause that’s cool…

7. Elise
    May 1, 2011 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Yeah…Stel looks like a Bionicle that won’t break. Except he probably will; being a robot a expendable and all. I don’t mind the pasted looking collar on Hal. At least his head looks proportional to his body (it looked pretty big in the other one). The corkscrew arm makes sense if you look at the others’ arms. It’s the same muscles, but more compacted because his arm is shorter and bulkier. I suppose it could be made to look better though.

8. Gilles
    May 2, 2011 at 3:44 am — Reply

Sinestro being the only one wearing his ring on his left hand is a nice (if not exactly subtle) touch.

9. Damascus
    May 19, 2011 at 2:14 am — Reply

Back on the far left, is that supposed to be Boodika (obviously pre-Alpha Lantern status)?