Marvel sent Major Spoilers a sneak peek of Alpha Flight #0.1 from Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, and Ben Oliver.

ALPHA FLIGHT #0.1 (MAR110629)
Penciled by BEN OLIVER

“Alpha Flight Fans rejoice! One of comics’ greatest teams is back in their own book! Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak have crafted a perfect jumping on point for the new reader and AF loyalists alike,” said Marvel Senior Editor Mark Paniccia. “In just a few pages, the two scribes get you caught up with your favorite heroes, get them right into the action and seed a major plot point for the new maxi-series debuting in June with fan-favorite artist extraordinaire, Dale Eaglesham. Get on the horn, the message boards, communication devices of all types and tell your friends that Alpha Flight is back!”

The $2.99 book arrives May 18, 2011.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #297: The Ultimate Spider-Pod Cast

MOVIE: Thor and Captain America getting sequels

1. eric
    April 20, 2011 at 8:20 am — Reply

I loved Alpha Flight. I may have to pick this up and I dont read Marvel.

2. Frank
    April 20, 2011 at 8:51 am — Reply

Ditto. I have been following Alpha Flight since the 80s.

3. J Michael T
    April 20, 2011 at 9:09 am — Reply

Oh please, please let this be good!

4. April 20, 2011 at 11:06 am — Reply

I’m interested in Alpha Flight being a Canadian, so even though I’m not a big Marvel fan, I might just pick this up.

5. TaZ
    April 20, 2011 at 11:28 am — Reply

Loved John Byrne’s Alpha Flight back in the day. I miss Eugene “Puck” Judd.

• Bill
      April 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm — Reply

I was just thinking that Puck was the only one missing from the original team in the picture. Nice to see Marrina in there.

Been a fan of Alpha Flight since book one of the original series by Byrne.

6. Brainlock
    April 21, 2011 at 10:54 pm — Reply

LONG time fan, but I’d still trade Marrina for Box, any day and four times come Sunday.
    Hey, if they can get the twins back from the X-peeps, why not bring Madison back, too? Great love triangle tension fodder between him, Heather, and Mac!

(and what was that subplot about Walter nearly admitting responsibility for Kyle’s condition in the 90s series right before it was axed?? and can we get an update on the younger team, too?)

and I hope J-M switches back to that yellow outfit! always loved it more than the mirror to J-P’s!

(still clueless as to what the baby talk was about in the Chaos War one-shot?? I skipped that replacement team series, so I’m guessing the answer is in there or one of the many, , various and sundry Wolvie books?)