Spencer’s is that place in the mall you can always turn to when you are looking for a quick gag gift.  Looks like Spencer’s knows how to get attention by teaming with Marvel in a line of pajamas for women that takes heroes and turns them to the sexy side.

The pajama sets range from small to large and sell for $24.99 each.

Spencer’s via Bleeding Cool

Image Comics wants you to Fear the Reaper

Disney pulling more books from BOOM!?

1. brenton8090
    April 19, 2011 at 5:07 pm — Reply

I kinda have a problem with the fact that the girls on the shirts are made so they’ll always be skinnier than the girl wearing it. Thats unnecessary. They could just as easily made it a wraparound image. If they had, it would have been cool. Now, its just a little insulting.

Spencers: making women feel inadequate since 1981.

• April 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm — Reply

I was thinking exactly the same thing and was very happy to see someone agreeing with me down in the comments.

I find these designs rather insulting by making women appear slimmer. They already have fairly slim women in the press photos, so why do they need to be any skinnier?

Also, the tops emphasize, through a great deal of shading, even larger breasts. Is this really necessary?

The pajama tops focus on the erotic features of the female body and turn them into objects. They are meant to hypersexualize the female body and turn it into a plaything while living up to more than ideal levels of human (mis)perfection. It is uncalled for and unnecessary.

2. ray
    April 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm — Reply

left is smaller than the right.

3. Dan Hunter
    April 20, 2011 at 4:44 am — Reply

and i liked it….

4. Mike Keller
    April 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm — Reply

Actually for all the various points folks have made concerning the graphics, I actually think that truncating the heads off of the images is more denegrating to women than anything else. You want people to buy them, show people. Other than that, they’re pajamas, not business wear.
    I think the fact that the ‘waists’ come in on the tops just goes to emphasize just how -unlike- normal women are from the fantasy characters.

5. Chloe
    April 20, 2011 at 5:05 pm — Reply

When I saw the article headline I became so excited! I thought “Finally, pajamas that aren’t for pre-teen girls,” then I saw the photos.

Really Marvel, really? Yes, female superheroes are incredibly hot and often have near impossible figures. No, I don’t really want that fake body over mine, let alone emphasizing how impossible their waists are. Guess what else? I have breasts too! I do not need a fake latex print with a lousy version of American Dream’s chest on it.

Long story short Marvel: I’d be thrilled to see more flattering clothing and/or pajamas, but this seriously is not the way to do that. There’s a reason why I have more DC related clothing than Marvel related clothing and it’s not because I love DC more.

6. Kitty
    April 21, 2011 at 11:37 pm — Reply

…..these are just for fun..