The greatest hero you’ve never heard of…until now, got some spotlight action last night during the closing credits of Smallville.

I expected nothing less… Though I haven’t watched Smallville since season 6 or 7, I might tune in next week to catch Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. And though The CW sent this teaser image way too late in the day yesterday to make a difference, I do like the promo image for the last five episodes.

Critical Hit #94: Mmmmmm.... Minty

SNEAK PEEK: BOOM! Studios for April 20, 2011

1. Creep
    April 16, 2011 at 11:18 am — Reply

You should watch season 8 and 9…they are much better than the first three were (and season 4,5,6,7)…
    Or at least watch the Justice Society and the Legion episodes

2. April 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm — Reply

I thought three seasons . . . or at least two and a half . . . were pretty good but I agree the show really didn’t it its stride until 8 and 9. Everything before was kind of forgettable.

3. TaZ
    April 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm — Reply

The costume reminds me of the hero that ended up getting fried in “Mystery Men”

4. April 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm — Reply

This was awesome! Can’t wait to see the episode, and see how Jaime is incorporated into the show.

5. Grotesk
    April 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm — Reply

I saw the trailer last night and call me crazy but when he did the cheesy BG smile for some reason I was reminded of John Barrowman. And Captain Amazing from Mystery Men. Which I think means he’s got BG pretty much nailed.

Pity they have to rush to put all the good bits in during the final approach for the series. Makes you resent all the wasted filler episodes and abandoned arcs and lame storylines. Kind of like how Enterprise did that. I just hope this isn’t all some simulation by Braniac 5 that ends with him halting the program just before Clark ties on the cape and says “Up, up and away”.

6. April 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm — Reply

The Booster Gold preview looks really good. Who knew Booster would translate well to live action?

Here’s a really cool trailer they aired during last nights episode for the final episode. It looks good as well.

7. ray
    April 17, 2011 at 1:25 am — Reply

Booster Gold will be driving the Wrigley’s Juicy-Fruit Gum car.

8. Mokin
    April 18, 2011 at 11:52 am — Reply

Booster Gold. Period.

With this name alone, the series could last 10 more years.

I don’t watch Smallville, but you can bet that I’ll be watching that episode (last one I watched was the introduction of the Justice Society…Absolute Justice, I think it was called…)

So yeah. Booster. Gold.

Nothing more to add. Rest my case. Awesome as can get.

9. Jeff
    April 19, 2011 at 11:08 am — Reply

Ten years of pubescent Superman and no Captain Marvel? How is that possible?