Nudity and Sex in Comics

In this issue: Do subscriptions help keep a series alive? Stolen artwork and expensive issues – protect yourself. And, Superhero video games.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/msp296.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Mike Kennedy named publisher for Archaia Entertainment

SNEAK PEEK: The Boys: Butcher, Baker, Candlestickmaker #1

1. April 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm — Reply

Thanks for answering my question on subscriptions. I have a couple of them, and I wanted to make sure I was supporting my favorite comic books.

I did want to add that when DC canceled “Batman: Streets of Gotham”, they moved my remaining subscription to “Batman and Robin”. However, they offered to switch the remaining issues to an alternative of my choice. I was able to call them up and get “Red Robin” instead. I’m not sure how common a practice this is, but I wanted to point it out to anyone considering a subscription to one of DC’s books.

2. April 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm — Reply

Loved the episode, makes my Saturdays fly by.

I feel that nudity in comics should be okay. I am pretty open in my views of the human form and if it’s story appropriate then go for it. This beating around the bush(no pun intended), is stupid Dejah should be stark naked, that’s why I didn’t pick up the book. You can rip and mans guts out, nail his tongue to a board, and melt his face off but a pair of breasts, vagina, and bare ass are too much. I call BS.

3. Damascus
    April 17, 2011 at 3:59 am — Reply

I just think the picture of Power Girl you put up there, it looks like Billie Piper (or Rose Tyler for you Dr. Who fans). I’ll take it though, she’s super hot.

• April 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Agreed…

• April 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm — Reply

I thought the same thing, and that makes the picture even better >.>

• Inkhorn
      April 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Really? I thought it was an Olsen twin and felt a little creeped out (uncanny valley-ish to me). I liked Rose when she was with The (ninth) Doctor, maybe I see it a little.

4. Darryn Mercer
    April 17, 2011 at 6:28 pm — Reply

Just listened to this show and, on the topic of superhero RPGs, I was wondering if Rodrigo had tried ‘With Great Power’ (http://rpggeek.com/rpg/304/with-great-power)? This system addresses a lot of the issues that were talked about on the show, including the fact that it’s built from the ground up as a superhero RPG (rather than just using a fairly generic system with superhero trappings).

5. Inkhorn
    April 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm — Reply

I love the all RPG/Games are just re-skinned DnD observation, but I still love me some TSR Marvel Super Heroes Advanced System by Jeff Grubb. It made my comic books better the way fantasy baseball and fantasy football makes sports actually interesting (for once).