SNEAK PEEK: Ultimate Spider-Man #157

Major Spoilers Podcast #295: Tag and Bink are Podcasting

1. Kirby
    April 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm — Reply

Okay, good costume, with the feet, I doubt they’ll be noticeable unless we have a Quentin Tarantino scene.

2. that guy
    April 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm — Reply

Hmmm yeah no. Not feelin the feet things. Boots would be much apreciated and hopefully there later on.

3. Hardman
    April 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I, too, like it until you get to the feet. They just look odd. Hopefully it’s just the way they look in this picture. Not a deal breaker, just a distracting way. Maybe the outfit can change as Hal becomes better at wielding it. If you look at Sinestro’s costume, it looks more like an costume than a green layer of his skin – his outfit seems to have more seams and design elements.

Perhaps the users of the ring can modify their outfits as they grow as a Lantern? Maybe it’s a focus thing. I dunno.

I doubt we’ll see much of his feet upclose in the movie. Still, an odd choice…

4. April 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I haven’t liked the veiny look the costume has since the first pics came out in EW. The feet cause me to dislike it even more.

5. April 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm — Reply

hmmm… interesting, I’m guessing they did the toes because the costume’s supposed to be very organic and form fitting (that’s probably why you can see his belly button too) of course by that logic we should be able to see his junk as well, interestingly though the ring knows how to appease the FCC

• Matthew
      April 12, 2011 at 2:28 pm — Reply

I loled

6. websnap
    April 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm — Reply

is it just me or is his head to big for his body?

The feet don’t bother me, the suit is organically wrapping around his muscles… boots would be odd.

7. Brent
    April 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm — Reply

I am not crazy about the ‘bio suit’ look, but it makes more sense than a “costume” in a three dimensional medium with a quasi scientific setting. If the costume is supposed to be an interpretation of the bio-mechanics of the wearer, then those bootless feet make perfect sense. I have to give them credit for following that logic with the musculature, belly button, toes, etc.

@ Rodrigo:Yes, the ring magically knows which body parts are taboo for each species and hides Hal’s junk accordingly. Butt cracks, camel toes, and nipples will be likewise hidden for humanoid Lanterns. But dear God, imagine the bio suits if they approached it like Zack Snyder’s Dr. Manhattan?!?!

8. TaZ
    April 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm — Reply

Makes me want to wait for the Deadpool movie.

9. Scott
    April 12, 2011 at 6:05 pm — Reply

Still beats the Wonder Woman costume.

10. brian
    April 12, 2011 at 6:48 pm — Reply

Does this photo remind anyone else of Ben Stiller?

11. April 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm — Reply

The feet are a bit odd, but they match the rest of the outfit, which I love — so I’m cool with it.

12. April 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm — Reply

I like it but I have to say I’m missing the projected Lantern icons from his chest that I believe Van Scriver added.

That said, this movie has my sword and my axe at this point.

13. Ray
    April 12, 2011 at 11:05 pm — Reply

Looks like he went wading in Japan.

14. Dan Hunter
    April 13, 2011 at 12:22 am — Reply

15. Antonio Sanciolo
    April 13, 2011 at 12:45 am — Reply

I still can’t get past the mask. Looks like someone’s added it on in MS Paint.
    Is there any possibility of having a silver age style costume work on screen?
    It seems nowadays there’s only the option of leather battle armour or sfx tour-de-forces.

• seneca
      April 13, 2011 at 6:36 am — Reply

Sorry spandex doesn’t work in the real world.

16. charles
    April 13, 2011 at 2:26 am — Reply

The costume would have been perfect if not for the feet.

I understand the rationale behind it…or not really. There’s really no need for feet in the GL costume.

17. kunderemp
    April 13, 2011 at 4:49 am — Reply

I actually love the idea of showing the toes. It’s so.. alien? :D

18. April 13, 2011 at 6:38 am — Reply

Hal, honey, put on your shoes. Space is cold.

19. Katzedecimal
    April 13, 2011 at 7:54 am — Reply

Feet…. then the eye is drawn back to the inexplicably thick shadow over the groin and the brain realizes that GL is running around scarpers in a costume made of sheer willpower (sorry about that, I’m a Rogues fan as well, punning is a pre-req) If he ever gets K.O’d, the paparazzi will have a field day.

20. eric
    April 15, 2011 at 7:45 am — Reply

Green Lanterns have boots not stockings. No white gloves and no boots. I know the movie company and DC probably think “oh this is cool. This is new or a new take on it.” If it is working why fix it to be something that is distracting like that.