Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Superboy #6

SNEAK PEEK: Ultimate Spider-Man #157

1. April 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Someone super-hyper-competent versus someone who manages to bumble his way into victory like a fuzzy Don Knotts? Dammit, I can’t choose!

2. TaZ
    April 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm — Reply

G’Nort is just too great. It’s like Scooby Doo with a Power Ring.

3. Ricco
    April 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm — Reply

“I Am Groot!” *

* Translation: Rocket Raccoon is a brilliant tactician who specializes in demolition and heavy ordinance, capable to fight mortal and immortal enemies with equal panache and success, while G’Nort was such a sac of… let’s say patatoes, that he got killed off panel. My vote will always go with the Gatling toting Coon.

4. James Winston
    April 12, 2011 at 12:22 pm — Reply

G’nort would dumb luck his way to victory. Rocket would plan 3 steps ahead to make his victory fool proof but as Little Washu says “Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenuis”.Thus securing a sure win for G’nort. Oh and Mathew is a Podcasting god. keep up the good work guys.

• April 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm — Reply

Yup. G’nort by dumb luck all the way.

5. Kirby
    April 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm — Reply

G’nort all the way the best parts of Scooby Doo, Barney Fife, & Ed Norton wrapped up in one neat little package.

6. diagnull
    April 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm — Reply

Going on name alone, Rocket Raccoon tells you everything you need to know: he’s a raccoon and has something to do with rockets.

G’nort…sounds like a dog with a cold.

I vote for Rocket and for SCIENCE!

7. April 12, 2011 at 2:17 pm — Reply

Though G’Nort is loyal and would fetch my slippers from Alpha Centuri. My main man Rocket gets the win.

8. TorontoFrog
    April 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm — Reply

G’Nort is dead. Yeah I know, it does not matter in comics. But between an alive character and a dead one, I tend to chose the living one. So rocker raccoon ftw!

• Jimmy
      April 13, 2011 at 8:38 am — Reply

No he is not, actually. I don’t remember whether it was Dan Didio or Geoff Johns, but at a DC Blackest Night panel some time back someone asked why G’Nort hadn’t come back, and the reply was that he wasn’t dead.

9. JoeM
    April 12, 2011 at 2:27 pm — Reply

G’Nort for this one. This has actually been a long discussion in my gaming group. My view. The ring for which G’Nort is a display manikin will win the day.

10. April 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm — Reply

Rocket Raccoon. He has a rocket launcher and/or a Gatling Gun. All G’Nort has is a power ring – and not much else beyond that. Besides, Raccoon detests any competition for animal sidekicks.

• Rob
      April 14, 2011 at 11:47 am — Reply

A power ring. Is that all? He only has the most powerful weapon in the universe is all.

• Rob
        April 14, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

p.s. Still have to go with the Raccoon anyway

11. Vamuli
    April 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm — Reply

Rocket Raccoon is simply the most bad-ass small mammal in the universe. Nothing could stand in his way.

12. aerspyder
    April 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm — Reply

RR all the way. This is really no contest.

13. SomeDude
    April 12, 2011 at 4:07 pm — Reply

Hay Rocket Racoon beat Dex-starr…
    Iam 90% certain he can handle G’nort in a fight, dumb luck or not.
    Sure G’nort has his ring but he isent really capable of useing it to its full effect.

14. Slappy
    April 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm — Reply

G’nort Esplanade G’neesmacher is not only one of the greatest Green Lanterns of all time, (I don’t care what they say) he also has the incredible power of dumb luck.

15. justanothergeek
    April 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm — Reply

G’Nort is a dangerous idiot, he’s like SpongeBob, it’s dangerous to be around him because his stupidity causes mayhem and the power ring maximizes this capacity for mayhem.

16. tidge
    April 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm — Reply

“G’nort Miss Tessmacher, due G’nort”.

17. Oldcomicfan
    April 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm — Reply

This wasn’t the sort of Furry poll I was expecting. There should be a third option: “Who the heck are both those guys” – somehow, in over four decades of reading comics, I haven’t heard of either of them. Which leads me to believe they both suck.

• April 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm — Reply

Just because you haven’t heard of them doesn’t mean they suck, sir… As for Rocket and G’nort, neither is high-profile, but Rocket had his own series (with Mike Mignola art) back in the 80’s, and has been front and center in Guardians of the Galaxy for the last three years or so. G’nort is NOT dead, however he’s been missing since that “I Can’t Believe It’s Not The Justice League” mini back in 06 or so.

• Ricco
        April 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm — Reply

You sure? I could have sworn he was killed of panel in a GL book…

• Esfixe8
          April 13, 2011 at 12:10 am — Reply

to Quote the Wiki ” When asked whether G’nort would be making an appearance as a member of the Black Lantern Corps during Blackest Night at San Diego Comic Con 2009, Geoff Johns replied that the character was not dead and was still considered missing in action.”

That being said Rocket would kick his flea bitten ass.