Bluewater Productions sent Major Spoilers a look at the first teaser poster for the upcoming Sinbad: Rogue of Mars movie. The movie will be based on the Bluewater comic.

Executive Producer Barry Schneer revealed that Rogue of Mars is the first of a planned new trilogy that will bring this beloved character to a whole new generation while still showing respect to the original fans, “I am thrilled to continue the amazing legacy my uncle, Charles Schneer began with 7th Voyage and bring to the screen the Sinbad movie that he and Ray Harryhausen never got to make.”

In his 4th film adventure, Sinbad and his crew find a magical urn and are soon transported to another planet by a ruthless and vengeful Jinn bent on freeing his race who have been imprisoned for millennia and then laying waste to the ones responsible.

The Sinbad: Rogue of Mars graphic novel arrives this month, while the movie is scheduled to arrive i theaters in 2012.

via Bluewater Productions

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

VIDEO: M.O.D.O.K. makes a meme

MCM EXPO'11: Record numbers expected at show

1. Frank
    April 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm — Reply

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie poster is incredible! The poster makes you want to go see the movie. This Sinbad film is going to be epic! 3D!!!!! Awesome… I was such a huge Sinbad fan. Loved those original classic movies. Can’t wait for this movie to be released.

2. Stan
    April 18, 2011 at 2:50 pm — Reply

I am such a huge Sinbad fan since the 50’s. Since I just disclosed my age, you now know that I am an old timer and have been a huge movie critic since back in those days. The Sinbad films were such huge films, they changed how movies were made. In terms of movie genre, the world had never seen movies like this before. It had animation, monsters, weird creatures, and fighting scenes. The world fell in love with Sinbad and the creatures he would fight off. He was the hero of his day. And audiences loved him. I am surprised Sinbad took this long to return to the silver screen. But now is the perfect time for his big return. The technology is available. The audiences are thirsty for a hero with a good plot. This maybe it. I highly recommend those that have never seen a Sinbad film before to go see this one. You won’t regret it. Take your kid, your nephew or niece, grandchild. From experience, Sinbad films are great family movies. I will be taking my grand kids to see it. It’ll be a special moment for me personally.

3. Jane
    August 18, 2012 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I think this new Sinbad film is going to be awesome and I wish Barry Schneer and his whole team all the success in the world. F— the critics, I cant wait!!!!! Sinbad on Mars very coooool.

4. julie
    May 2, 2013 at 8:55 am — Reply

Ray Harryhausen, Barry Schneer and Bluewater all working together, I remember the earlier Schneer/Harryhausen sinbad films and loved them, I think its a winning combination and as long as Harryhausen is involved Im sure it wont sell out to CGI. And based in the poster I’m already intrigued!

5. Zack
    May 30, 2013 at 8:27 pm — Reply

I will greatly miss Harryhausen, and hope that Barry Schneer and Morningside will continue to move forward with the project and bring to the silver screen those creatures that Ray was yet to dazzle and amaze us with. Best wishes and peace …

6. Dave
    September 19, 2016 at 3:04 pm — Reply

I met Barry Schneer at the premier of Wrath of the Titans. He was such nice to me and my friend, and we asked him about Sinbad, he didnt want to say too much, But he was really cool and did tell us how the three earlier films will have tie-ins to Rogue of Mars.