RETRO REVIEW: The Brave And The Bold #181 (December 1981)

Captain America gets all new on-going series in July

1. Sebastian
    April 4, 2011 at 1:07 am — Reply

The content of this video is only available for audiences in the United States. Maybe you should use a different video source so your European users, for example like me can watch the video too. :-)

2. April 4, 2011 at 1:13 am — Reply

looks like I’ll have to wait until it hits YouTube :(

3. April 4, 2011 at 1:19 am — Reply

okay it’s already on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAfrlyCGtZs) but blocked there too.

I think it’s crazy to block access to a trailer!!

4. Frank
    April 4, 2011 at 8:06 am — Reply

My first impression is Lord of the Rings meets Rankin-Bass, which is not a bad thing. RB’s animation style may have been highly stylized, but the writing was pretty good.

5. April 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm — Reply

Looks really, really cool. Is that Christopher Lee’s voice heard in the narration, or was I mistaken?

6. April 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm — Reply

Looks way more epic and unified than the original, and I like the designs. Here’s hoping the series’ writing lives up to the promise of the trailer.

7. Tim Plummer
    April 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm — Reply

Why do they have to make Lion-O look like such a wiener. In the original he got buff when he hit puberty in the capsule, so hopefully something like this happens? The idea of a flawed hero bums me out. Unknowing or unproven hero, sure. But, “Waaa, I can’t do this alone, wwwwaaaaaaa!” Quit being a wuss.

8. Tommy
    April 4, 2011 at 10:14 pm — Reply

Where is Panthro?!?!

9. Belmont
    April 6, 2011 at 7:58 pm — Reply

I think this is a continuation of the Thundercats original series,(tossing out the reforming of Thundera from the first series), I like Mumera’s use of words from the original series “the young whelp”with the young thundercat. That young thundercat looks like Lion-O’s Son. As far as Panthro, one can only wait and see if they have him in the series…. They had Mumera, Slithe, Tygra, Older Lion-O, Cheetara, looked like Wily Kit&Kat, don’t know if the elderly thundercat is Jaga or Lynx-O. Wait and see if they can capture the magic, either better or just as good as the He-Man: Masters of the Universe from 2000-02 that recaptured the magic of the original Filmation 80’s He-Man MOTU and built more upon the mythos of the series…

10. Damascus
    May 11, 2011 at 3:45 am — Reply

The only thing I don’t care for (without having seen the show yet, so I know I know) is that if they aren’t having them leave Thundara with Jaga at the helm and basic stable of characters to land in a new planet, New Thundara, then that raises some questions. Like why would you allow Wily Kit and Wily Kat to fight if you have a platoon of soldiers that can fight in their stead? I understand letting Panthro and everyone else fight if you need generals or frontline badasses, but if there are so many people/cats roaming around it takes away from the need of the smaller group. I’m sure they’ll address it and my concerns will probably be unfounded but doesn’t mean I can’t voice them. I loved the original series so I’ll be checking this out either way.