If you aren’t getting enough Silver and Bronze Age goodness in your current runs of The Flash and Green Lantern, DC Comics VP of Sales, Bob Wayne announced Retro-Active this past weekend at WonderCon ’11 in San Francisco.
Published throughout July and August 2011, these are exactly the kinds of one-shots people often associate with summer. RETRO-ACTIVE reunites classic writers and artists with classic characters Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Justice League of America, returning to the interpretations they are best known for.
Don’t think that this series will only cover the heroes in their ’70s stylings, the series will feature three one-shots from the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s.
- Superman: Martin Pasko
- Wonder Woman: Dennis O’Neil
- The Flash: Cary Bates
- Justice League of America: Cary Bates
- Green Lantern: Dennis O’Neil
- Batman: Len Wein
- Superman: Marv Wolfman
- Wonder Woman: Roy Thomas
- The Flash: William Messner-Loebs
- Justice League of America: Gerry Conway
- Green Lantern: Len Wein
- Batman: Mike W. Barr
- Superman: Louise Simonson
- Wonder Woman: William Messner-Loebs
- The Flash: Brian Augustyn
- Justice League of America: Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis
- Green Lantern: Ron Marz
- Batman: Alan Grant
Each title will not only feature 20 pages of classic story, but according to The Source, DC’s official blog site, each title will also get 26 new story pages all for the ultra low low price of $4.99. If I were a predicting person, I would bet that the ’70s issues sell a lot more than the issues that cover the ’90s.