Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: After the fight, the team gets some rest, and discover the location of the mysterious signal.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_92.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #292: Random Talk

WONDERCON'11: Green Lantern sneak peek

1. Marco
    April 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm — Reply

Very nice episode guys: rich of content, great roleplay and. I enjoy very much these poor assistents :D. Keep up the good work.
    I Reeeeally hope Rodrigo will eventualy feature a Giant Statue… hinting broadly…
    Randus is the Best.

2. Spaceboots
    April 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm — Reply

I never realized how awesome Gla was, until I heard the description at the beginning of this episode. I’m curious how come he doesn’t have more of a funny voice?

3. Ricco
    April 3, 2011 at 11:23 am — Reply

Love the episode, specialy the refs, they were awesome specialy the ones in-character.

P.S. That is the nickname for someone named Rodrigo, in Chile at least. We call my cousin Rodrigo that all the time.

• April 3, 2011 at 11:49 am — Reply

In Central Mexico it’s slang for a pretty boy

• Ricco
        April 3, 2011 at 7:29 pm — Reply

LOL, that’s why when people ask if I speak Spanish I always answer: “well, Chilian Spanish”.

• April 4, 2011 at 1:50 am — Reply

if you consider the amount of surface area in the entirety of latin america and spain, it’s actually surprising we understand each other at all.

• chillidawg72
            April 4, 2011 at 9:34 am — Reply

I can’t understand anything you guys are saying to each other. Can I get a translation please? :P

• April 4, 2011 at 6:51 pm — Reply

Que?

• Ron
        April 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm — Reply

No that there is anything wrong with ‘pretty boys’ ;-)

4. Jim
    April 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Great show! =)

A ‘league’ is a measurement of distance, and not necessarily depth. It translates to about 3-miles long (or deep), but is slightly longer when used to denote a nautical measurement.

Keep up the great game! You guys rock!! :D

5. QuestionMark
    April 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm — Reply

I just found your Podcast, it looks like something I would enjoy. But, I don’t know if I’m ready to listen to all 92 episodes.

I haven’t listened to any yet. What would be a good episode to jump in at?

• LemmyCaution
      April 7, 2011 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Start at the beginning. I did. Then I spent two weeks listening obsessively until I caught up. It’s worth listening to the whole thing from the start, even though my mind started to wander in the second half of season two (too much running around, not enough understanding of what they needed to do).

It was fun hearing Brian come out of his shell and applying psychological reasoning to his every word. Yes, I did that. Very well.

It was fun hearing Rob start out not saying a word, and then evolving into continual annoyance with Matthew. OK, so maybe that’s not so fun now…

Thrill to the sounds of Stephen as he asks questions that make you wonder if he just does not get the entire role playing concept or if he’s trying to represent the “everyman” who doesn’t know much about the game… three years in.

And there’s not much better than wondering if THIS will be the podcast where Rodrigo finally stands up and says “I… had had… enough!!”

All in all, my favorite podcast right now (that isn’t taken from an existing radio program). So it sucks to be all caught up and stuck getting these shows just once a week!!

There are a lot of good things you’ll miss out on, like hearing Rob and Rodrigo and Brian talk about their other role playing games and theories of roll playing. They all come from a unique perspective, and I find each of their takes to be valuable.

One more thing…
      This is a story that builds. So starting from the beginning really will make a difference. You will understand, say, the Tork and Orim (I don’t know how to spell those… Torque and Oram?) friendship and brotherhood. You need to hear how Stephen developed Orim into, well, a bit of a wanker at times! Otherwise you might not get why he’s so uppity.

And you really need to understand Elvin Granola. Now with Goji berries!

• April 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm — Reply

Thanks for the comment.
        Critical Hit has only been around for just under two years (July will be the 2 year birthday)
        Yes, I play the everyman who needs to ask the “dumb” questions, because every episode is someone’s first episode…
        And yes, you need to listen from the beginning to understand why Torq and Orem are the bestest of friends in teh worldz

• QuestionMark
          April 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm — Reply

I’ll do it, I’ll start from the beginning. It’s a lot to listen to but, I guess it wouldn’t be the same experience if I jumped in at the middle. I just wasn’t sure if the podcast was all one campaign or if there had been multiple campaigns.

I’ll let you know how it goes but it might take a while to get through all the episodes.

• April 9, 2011 at 8:44 pm — Reply

Torq and Orem…

6. Dave
    April 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm — Reply

A great, low-key and fun episode. I particularly liked a few little things that I feel I caught on to where maybe others didn’t. Matthew, in character, pronouncing Orem as “Olim” at one point was great. And as soon as Rodrigo said “when you start to augment his sword, you feel something strange” even before he was finished that sentence I knew he was giving out magic items. The subtle back-and-forth between Matthew and Stephen on Sir Brenzen’s elven origins was fantastic.

Tons of awesome little things to enjoy. Thanks, as always, for a great show! No week-long wait is longer than the friday- to- friday wait for the new Critical Hit!

7. Quidhala
    May 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm — Reply

My man Jim is right about leagues. Romans measured their roads in leagues. Maybe Kelsey Grammer as Captain Nemo can help clarify things with a little help from Phil Hartman.

Sorry, couldn’t find the video clip.